BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with an old High School buddy today on my skiff. We had a blast catching one nice bluefish after another. All the blues were in the 4 to 8 pound range. Not sure how many we caught but it was pretty much non stop action. We broke away a couple times looking for weakies but no takers. I think the weakfish will likely be elusive with all these blues around. We also targeted flounder for maybe about an hour. Boated 8 fluke with 3 of them "keepers."

Water temp was 61, and the wind was fickle all day. Was blowing 15+ from SE when we launched. Then laid down pretty nice for a time, with brief flair ups of shifting winds. We ended day around 3:30 when the winds picked up to 20+ out of NW.

All in all another good day fishing South Jersey!

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sounds like a fun day in the back I'm gonna do some more back bay fishing this year. Did you go by 17 th st I hear all the sticks are down

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wasn't in that area so can't comment on the sticks, sorry.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Nice report! How far north do you still consider south jersey?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well for me anything south of LBI is SJ. Although I am not a spot Nazi, I know if I even mention the town I was closest to someone will give me chit. LOL. I will tell you I was somewhere between Ocean City and Wildwood. Hopefully that won't get anyone too riled up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts