BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good lord summer can be hard fishing, but I have been fishing deeper ponds, sandwash and larger bodies of water and got some luck.. such as this huge giant Chain pickerel! I dunno how heavy it was but it was certainly beating my last year pickerel. My brother and buddy estimated that its certainly close to 6 lbs whether it's a bit under or over. Enjoy!

Edited: - Added additional details -
What an awesome fight. It was a hot summer day and the fishing was slow. I used the map i have created on my Lowrance Elite 4 CHIRP and I have decided to fish a few points that I know with some trees there. I found some fish that wre schooling and decided to do my drop shot there. Originally i thought they were just schooling panfish, but when I hooked up, I was in it for a huge nice fight. Check out the video:

Gears -
Rod: Carrot Stix - Wild Wild Orange 7 ft Medium Action
Reel: Okuma Trio-30S
Line: Sufix 832 6lb Braid/Sufix Fluorocarbon Leader line 8lbs
Hook: #2 Mustad Aberdeen Hook
Lure: Zoom Tiny Fluke
Other: Spike it Lure Dye (Chartreuse/Garlic)
Kayak: Hobie Outback 2015
Fishfinder: Lowrance Elite 4 CHIRP

·
Registered
869 Posts
awesome fish man! love your set up and great video as well.

I have and 12 ft old towne vapor angler....i miss standing up and fishing though! might have to invest in a hobby some day

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all! i have added additional details in case anyone wondering what were my gears

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Agreed on the 6, maybe a bit more. That thing is nearly a pike! Awesome

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all :)

lol, yeah it definitely beat the pikes i have caught this year.. Maybe i need to target some pike when the weather cools down.

Last week, i just lost a Tiger Muskie that would be longer thing this pickerel, but not as fat... not going to make a separate thread since i failed to land it.. but here it is:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
enjoyed that video. shame it got off. I live 10 mins. away from the dod and have never fished there
lol, give it a shot if you got a boat/kayak or w.e it's nice scenery paddling around. Also fall is coming and they do go shallower.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
awesome fish man! love your set up and great video as well.

I have and 12 ft old towne vapor angler....i miss standing up and fishing though! might have to invest in a hobby some day
I have a 12ft vapor angler myself and I love it. Put flatheads, channels, largemouth, smallmouth, flounder and stripers in it so far.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a 12ft vapor angler myself and I love it. Put flatheads, channels, largemouth, smallmouth, flounder and stripers in it so far.

Yup Pretty much the same for me. Living down here in Cape May County, I dont really like putting in the back bays cause people are crazy back there, especially in the summer. But fishing fresh water with it is great. Installed a fish finder on it last year.
Just miss standing up and fishing sometimes

·
Registered
333 Posts
caught on a local golf course

Here is my friends son with the huge Chain Pickerel he caught fishing on the golf course. My friend is a groundskeeper of the golf course. gavin big chain pickerel.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts