BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a few requests for clams for the upcoming holiday weekend, so I went and got my commercial license and headed for a new location other than strathmere.

3 of us picked up 1350 clams in about 4 hours.
only 75 were chowders and 300 where cherrystones.

The other 900+ were top necks and little necks

Wanna buy a clam???? :D

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Do you need a liscense clam. Or is the liscense if your going to harvest alot of clams? Thanks.

Ryan

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ryan,
you need a license to harvest ANY clams
a recreational license will allow you to get 150 per day and a commercial license is unlimited harvesting

543 Posts
Also,
If you possess a commercial license, everyone in your boat must also possess a commercial license. Your also supposed to fill out the tags for your bags.

543 Posts
$50 for comm. license. I've always gotten it at the office at Nacote or Bivalve. Also if you do sell your clams, you get paid cash. Its your responsibility to pay taxes. If the wholesaler gets audited the paper trail will lead back to you. I had a clamming buddy who thought he could get away without paying taxes. The wholesaler got audited then he ended up paying a few grand in back taxes. But on the plus side you can call it a business and write off most boat expenses.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Even kids need a recreational clam license - $2.00

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jack,
Where have you been hiding?
as already stated, you can get your commercial license for 50 bucks and is available at the same locations as a recreational.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts