BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

We had the Man, the Myth, the Legend MR. STEVE TAYLOR himself aboard the ADAM BOMB III with Bob, AJ, Striper Sam, Tommy High Hook, and Jaybird for some striper fishing!

After a bit of exploration, we settled on some decent marks in shallow water and once the tide got moving Steve T got things going with the first fish of the day a KEEPER at 30"! The action continued at a slow pick of a pace for the next hour and a half. We had a lot of marks on the machine, but the fish never decided to really snap and left us with a slow pick. We boated 8 fish off this bite, and missed several others. The slow pick we had fizzled, so we decided on a move...got settled in, and within thirty seconds, DOUBLE header! Two fish in the boat. Not a minute later, another hook-up! For the next couple of hours, the action continued in steady, feverish flurries. 5 or 10 minutes without bites, followed by double and triple headers. Just before the end of the trip, I gave the two minute warning. Not 10 seconds later, 1 fish on, 2 fish on, 3 fish on, 4 fish on! Quad header! Got these four fish, and then Sam hooked up! Started pulling some good drag on his heavier bait caster, and within a few minutes, a nice 15lb bass was on deck and in the box! As Sam put it, he and Steve bookended the trip with a keeper to start and a keeper to finish!

After a BEAUTIFUL day on the water with t-shirt temps in the afternoon, super light winds, and flat seas, our crew boated 50 bass and put a couple fish in the box to 15lbs!

GREAT day guys! Thank you!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Adam....it's great to hear that some bigger fish are making an appearance.

I hope they venture into the shallows near me during their migration up the bay. If the w*nd would just give me a break, I would finally be able to wet a line for the first time this year.

Congrats again on a good day.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Hey...when you fish with Adam "The Total Package" Bomb...even a Piker like me can produce.
What a day....those schoolie males mean business on a light action spinning rod...let me tell you.

Kudos to Uncanny Sammy. Captain Adam gives last call and Sammy responds with a Dandy 34 incher.

That's what I call producing under pressure.

All in all ...a great day to be on the water....and with that crew...a laugh a minute.

Thanks again Captain.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
snichols said:
Adam....it's great to hear that some bigger fish are making an appearance.

I hope they venture into the shallows near me during their migration up the bay. If the w*nd would just give me a break, I would finally be able to wet a line for the first time this year.

Congrats again on a good day.
Steve,
how's this weekend look? You gonna be around. I'll be down getting the boat ready but would certainly take some time off to wet a line!:) or drink something wet:D Give me a call if you're down.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Grabbe...I don't want to hijack Adam's thread but I'll be down all weekend. High tide is around 3 tomorrow afternoon...I'll be on the beach dunking uggggggghhhhh.........bait.:eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Adam

Kudos to Adam for putting us on the fish, Mother Nature for a beautiful day (after the fog lifted) with no w**d, and Steve (the new Mr. High Hook -sorry, Tom) for crushing them. Shows you that even a knuckle-dragger can catch some fish). My bigun yielded 3.5 # of fillets, just enough for my gefilte fish recipie. No buying fish at the store this year.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That's MR. Neanderthal Knuckledragger to you there Sammy. :)

Now remember since Bush is the cause of every problem known to man....I'm sure your giving him the credit for that nice "Striper Bass" you got for Passover dinner!

It works both ways sir!

See you next time. I'll bring an extra Republican National Comittee T-shirt for you to were loud and proud at your next Communist party meet...uh sorry...your next elect Barrak Hussien Sadam meeting...or whatever that frauds name is.

Just kidding... I think. Take care.

·
Registered
539 Posts
STEVE T..........The Man, Myth and Legend of the seven seas. He bags the fish Again. And Sammy the Liberal.......bringin up the rear at the end of the trip. Wish I had been there!

Great catchin' guys!

The "Tug"

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys!

Yesterday's trip was a BLAST!

Looking forward to your Sunday trip! Doug the Tug and Steve T on the same boat...look out stripers! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts