BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim Calthern of Clean Earth from Philadelphia took some of his customers on the charter today on the HOOKED UP I. We fished again on the same spot we fished all week on the 20 fathom line. We had a bite within 5 minutes of putting our lines in the water and the bite stayed hot through sun up with 3-4 fish on at a time. The bite slowed down when all the other boats showed up and after that it was a slow pick. We had good luck today with 10 oz hammered diamond jigs along with squid and sardines. Pretty much any bait would have worked when they were biting first thing in the morning. We released 9 blue fin tuna, lost a few and brought two back to the dock (pictured below). Many of the other boats around us boated or released blue fin over a hundred pounds. Fish report by Capt. Diana as Capt. John is already sleeping.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Captain John you did us proud agian today,dropped us right on the fish,and let us do out thing,and it payed off in a big way !!!
It was nice meeting everyone that we fished with today,we really enjoyed fishing with you,Hope you had as good a time as i did !!!Thanks,Vinny

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Another day, another limit ...

Thanks for putting a clinic on for us all this week - we learned how to jig for these horse mackerel by watching you through the Marine 7x50s.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
Once again THANK YOU to Capt. John and Mates, Vinny and James. They ran this charter like a well-oiled machine, and they all went out of their way to provide the novices on board with tons of instruction, tips, and coaching to help them fight and land some truly awesome fish. :)

Everyone in our group had a fantastic time, and we all laughed our azzes off ... some of us laughed so hard that they even "jet-nosed" their beverage. :D :eek: :D

Hopefully, we'll get the chance to get out with you guys again later this summer for an overnighter, so I can try that "super secret broadbill technique" of jigging a spoon off the riggers! ;)

Thanks again guys & good luck in the weeks to follow!

- Gr8ful

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Thank you !!

Gr8ful Fish said:
Once again THANK YOU to Capt. John and Mates, Vinny and James. They ran this charter like a well-oiled machine, and they all went out of their way to provide the novices on board with tons of instruction, tips, and coaching to help them fight and land some truly awesome fish. :)

Everyone in our group had a fantastic time, and we all laughed our azzes off ... some of us laughed so hard that they even "jet-nosed" their beverage. :D :eek: :D

Hopefully, we'll get the chance to get out with you guys again later this summer for an overnighter, so I can try that "super secret broadbill technique" of jigging a spoon off the riggers! ;)

Thanks again guys & good luck in the weeks to follow!

- Gr8ful
Thanks for the complament !! and we hope to heve the oppertunity toi run Every trip Like a well oiled Machine,
Its really nice to know when your appreciated !!! Thanks Again and it was My pleasure,Vinny

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
TY

PortlyRedhead said:
Thanks for putting a clinic on for us all this week - we learned how to jig for these horse mackerel by watching you through the Marine 7x50s.
hey man I thought i felt a spy LMFAO !!!!

We really had some decent fishing and catching !

Thanks for the complaments,They are greatly appreciated !!!Vinny

·
Registered
215 Posts
VDAWG said:
hey man I thought i felt a spy LMFAO !!!!

We really had some decent fishing and catching !

Thanks for the complaments,They are greatly appreciated !!!Vinny
Vinny, congrats on getting back with the good Capt. Sorry we missed you on Sunday. You owe us 1.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
OUt of my hands !!

Scotty said:
Vinny, congrats on getting back with the good Capt. Sorry we missed you on Sunday. You owe us 1.
Scotty,sorry James and i werent on board for your trip !!
And we are not back working .....
Please feel free to email or call me if you like ...

·
Registered
165 Posts
Vinny and crew...you guys did it again!! Way to put em on the meat...hope the hot bite continues!!

Pete

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Thanks Pete !!

RightAngler said:
Vinny and crew...you guys did it again!! Way to put em on the meat...hope the hot bite continues!!

Pete
Pete hope the hot bite continues for all ,Right now James and I are looking for a Job so we can continue to put fish on Someones boat :cool:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Vinny...trying to get a charter lined up and you are at the top of the list!! I'll give you a call...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
VDAWG said:
Pete hope the hot bite continues for all ,Right now James and I are looking for a Job so we can continue to put fish on Someones boat :cool:
Yo Vin,

Are you and James NOT working on the Hooked Up anymore? I only ask because I have some friends looking to put some trips together throughout the summer and I want to make sure you are mating on the Hooked Up and/or the Bunkerhead before I make any plans.

If not, I am sure it won't last long you guys have been on fire brother! :D

Give me a call on the cell.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Thanks !!

RightAngler said:
Vinny...trying to get a charter lined up and you are at the top of the list!! I'll give you a call...
Thanks Im here for ya .....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts