BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great way to start the Fall. Frank gave a great presentation with some helpful hints on how to become more productive as the bass activity picks up as the weather cools. Super job Frank. We had a number of new faces and it was great to meet and welcome to our club.

First couple of pictures are some of our members participating in the casting practise session pre-meeting.

Those that attended the casting lessons this weekend were totally impressed, excited and improved by the experience making those that missed it realize what a great opportunity they missed.
As always we had a great meeting, with two fellow longroders comming all the way from Delaware to join us.
Joe Doyle, walked away with a nice selection of flys, all of which looked great.

I even picked up a couple of beautiful popping flys that Frank Made, to try out on some South Jersey Bass this weekend. Thanks again to Jay for keeping us supplied with great speakers and programs. We will have more great stuff so you will not want to miss any of our meetings. Keep any eye on our club web site for all that is going on.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Is this the new thing now?? :D Are we going to have a wall of shame for all fly raffle winners????

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, just wanted those that couldn't make it see what they were missing. Doyle better get out there and fish otherwise it will be a waste of some good looking flys. Those flys will all work, you just have to add water.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, don't be bitter, just because you have to tie all you own and never win any flys. With your luck that is what is expected. :D :D

·
Registered
771 Posts
Enjoyed the meeting.How come most of those flys are chartruce? Must be the color of choise.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got Bass. it is a great color. Our guys tie flys to donate to the club and we use them to raffle off at our club meetings. We never know what colors we will get at any given meeting. It was great to meet you. We will be doing some tying at future meetings, if you ever tie some flies and want to donate you can keep colors in mind. Sometimes color doesn't matter at all, especially with blues. They will all catch fish.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nice meeting you Ray and all the other fisherman.SJCFA is a very friendly group.Can"t make Oct. meeting as I"ll be attending Sea School.But I"ll be looking forward to our Nov. meeting.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Well the Delaware guy takes his first fish!!! That's if an 8" snapper blue counts...I was walking the beach down towards the cold Springs Jetty when I hooked into the monster.

Thanks for the welcome SJCGAers. I enjoyed my first meeting and look forward to more.

PS - Anyone know where I can get this thing mounted...?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts