BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Atlantic Star out of Wildwood, NJ made another long range tile/seabass trip today and fishing was even better than last Thursday by catching over 100 tilefish and lots of quality seabass.
I arranged the trip, but I couldn't join this time again due to work.:(
They think they had two great trips in a row because I didn't come. :)
I became human banana. Yong Park had three triple headers of tilefish. :eek: Strangely not a single dogfish was caught.
Unfortunately seabass start to migrate out soon

·
Registered
474 Posts
Human banana! That's a classic Kil, I'm gonna have to borrow that one. Sounds like a great trip. In your opinion where do the jumbo's migrate to in the warmer months?

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tunachunker said:
Human banana! That's a classic Kil, I'm gonna have to borrow that one. Sounds like a great trip. In your opinion where do the jumbo's migrate to in the warmer months?
I suspect offshore big seabass migrate to north and spread out between Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket Island as those areas are the only places to catch big seabass regularly in summer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
KSONG said:
The Atlantic Star out of Wildwood, NJ made another long range tile/seabass trip today and fishing was even better than last Thursday by catching over 100 tilefish and lots of quality seabass.
They think they had two great trips in a row because I didn't come. :)
I became human banana. Yong Park had three triple headers of tilefish. :eek: Strangely not a single dogfish was caught.
Unfortunately seabass start to migrate out soon
Normally, I call Angelo and myself, the 2 dark clouds(bad luck) but not this time. The fishing was truly Great! Angelo and Ralph had to have caught over a 100 pounds of tiles! He(Angelo) is going to grow gills pretty soon with all the fish that he's eating. It was truly lock and load! P.S. I saw a whole case of Korean pears but no bananas.... hmmm Good Luck Charm...

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Joe,
My friend told me he could choose bewteen tilefish and seabass depending how he jig. :eek: It seems those wrecks were not hit by any recreational boat as they hit hard jigs. I believe the AS makes last seabass trips this weekend.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
i just called up to jump on the trip.. they only drop for tiles on special trips :( i really want to try for tiles.. well i will see what i can do this summer

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
KSONG said:
You work;) ..... That's alot of tasty tiles there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts