BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Skunked today. Fished from 3-7:30pm. Was working a carolina rig with lizard, a senko, spinnerbait and POP-R(near dusk).

Saw a few 1lber's up shallow in the water. Couldn't connect with any. (breeders I would assume)

I tied on a small hook and put a piece of my protein bar on it and caught a baby sunny but it didn't really count enough to consider this a non-skunked day.

My first time to hopkins. I have always been under the impression it gets a bad rep for being dirty but it seemed pretty nice to me with clarity better than newton/cooper.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Haven't fish Hopkins much buyt ahve caught nice fish. Today I also saw a lot of fish that wouldn't bite. When you see them, they see you. It happens. A few diferent good fishermen I talked to today skunked or had slow days. It happens.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
saynever,

use a light texas rig and cast way in front of yourself as your walking.if you're standing in front of the fish,you're spooking them.that place is small and gets beat up alot.

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Live Minnows Rule !

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw them getting out of the car. haha. I realize that and was standing several feet back from the edge.

What is a light texas rig? I had lizards, senkos and zoom frogs texas "weedless"rigged fished slow with a 4/0 worm hook with a 3ft fluro leader and 20lb braid.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
1/8 oz slider head,4 in worm or lizard.spinning tackle with like 8-10lb test.cast way past where you see them or think they are and bump it slowly back towards them.it works well there.there are big bass there but they're spooky as hell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts