BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure that everyone has now seen the spill in Alaska. Can you believe the difference in coverage. It is almost the precise amount spilled in the Delaware but there was hardly any national coverage on that one. I understanf the different ecosystems but i am shocked how little coverage the Delaware spill got. Did you see they are blaming it on a 15 foot pipe. There seem to be a lot of experts out there on this so I am asking you, does this seem right, why would the pipe be sticking out of the ground like that, it would have to have been lodged in the muck like the spears they used in Braveheart to bring the english heavy horse down? Just looking for some thought on the subject

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I'm thinking the pipe wasn't sticking up; it was laying in the mud and the ship bottom was dragging along the bottom of the river. When it caught the pipe laying in the muck, it flipped it up on end and drove it into the hull. I'm pretty sure it was dead low tide, blowout tide at that, and the tugs were shoving it along to get it into port so it could hurry up, unload and get out of there to go make another run $$$$$.

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
The spill in Alaska is getting additional coverage due to the loss of a CG chopper, in addition to the loss of 6(?) human lives. The Delaware spill did indeed get coverage in other areas, as I saw it in newspapers further south etc.

There's a good pic on the front page of the Inquirer this morning. It's described as a "pipe" and it may well be, but it appears to be some sort of pump housing maybe? It's not apparent how long it's been down there, but if it got there recently I'm sure someone will recognize it as it's obviously a specialized piece of equipment.

Once a determination is made about how long it was down there, the rest of the story should fall in place. For instance, thrust from the tugs prop wash could have dislodged it from the bottom and flung it against the ship etc. There's all kinds of theories.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wayne you are absolutely right on that one,It was a blowout tide and yes they were pushing it,HRL

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
Originally posted by TWIN D'S:
The spill in Alaska is getting additional coverage due to the loss of a CG chopper, in addition to the loss of 6(?) human lives. The Delaware spill did indeed get coverage in other areas, as I saw it in newspapers further south etc.
In addition to what TD says you can bet that the liberal media is gonna push this to the max with drilling scheduled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts