BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had LL bean boot foot waders but they leaked in a year and I returned them and got a refund without any problem. These waders seemed a tad short and reviews to back that up. The stocking foot don't seem to be a problem.

I also have an 4 year old pair of Cabela's stocking foot. They fit great. There was some lifting of the seams of the feet so aquasealed them. I'm not worried about the warranty on these.

My question is how good is Cabela's warranty? That LL Bean warranty is just so reassuring and I live 15 minutes from a LL Bean store.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Whatever brand... Once I got a pair with a zipper,I don't think I could go back from there:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:point said.... Bladder issues....

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
John I can tell you Cabelas has a decent return policy especially for their brand. Depending on how old it is and how worn out they are they may prorate your return with cash. I know this from experience with boots. They promised not to leak and they did after 5 years I decided to test their policy. I went in and the guy said these are pretty beat up. I know but the tread is good and the boot is good exempt it leaks and water gets in. He said he could only give me 30% of the purchased price, I had the receipt. Not bad in my opinion I killed those boots hunting. I would imagine if after a year they leaked you would be getting a full refund. I have a pair of Cabelas boot foot Spring run waders for many years now and they have never leaked.

GSBB

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ever try Hodgman?
Never. I've only used Cabelas and LL Bean. LL Bean because of their warranty. and Cabelas because of GSBG suggestion. The only things I don't like at Cabelas is the distance from my house and their shipping seems a bit expensive.

Does Hodgman have a good warranty?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Allejo, why not just stick with ll bean?
My last pair was a bit short even for the biggest size and although I haven't read anything negative about the pair I'm contemplating the size issue does have me a bit nervous. I'll probably try them again since I know I can get my money back.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Does Hodgman have a good warranty?
The LL Bean store in MT Laurel used to carry the Hodgman waders, which came with the same LL Bean warranty. They no longer carry the Hodgman's, probably because so many were returned. Hodgman is more of a Dick's quality product. For my money, LL Bean or Simms. I have the LL Bean stocking foots and have returned them a couple of times no questions asked due to an extremely small and slow leak after a couple of years of use. I could have easily sealed the leak myself, but took advantage of the great warranty.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
cabelas will either replace the item or prorate based on wear and tear on the item for a cash refund.. my dads rabbit hat he uses when its really cold started to separate and i took it back for him.. they didnt have that one in stock they handed me 18 bucks i called him and told him.. he said get the hat back.. they said they have other colors and styles.. got a different color and walked out with it.. was a 70.00 hat so my dad didnt feel the 18 bucks was a good switch out since he would just sew it if need be.. so he got another 70.00 hat

·
Registered
630 Posts
My last pair was a bit short even for the biggest size and although I haven't read anything negative about the pair I'm contemplating the size issue does have me a bit nervous. I'll probably try them again since I know I can get my money back.
they redesigned the ll beans this last year and I think they made them even shorter!

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Been using and returning Cabellas for years. They have always replaced them no questions asked. The only problems the last time they sent me a different pair as they had discontinued the pair that I had been using. I don't really like the ones they gave me last time. They always seemed to develop a problem where they would seem to loose the waterproofing in the thigh area. Not a seam leak but like the material would pass water through seemingly from the pressure of wave action while wading in the surf. Don't know what I'll do next time, as I said they don't carry the Gold Dry Plus anymore and the ones that they sent me have a couple design issues that I don't like.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts