BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the answer I got from Governor through Bradley Campbell on the budget transfer of $2mil
Didn't make me happy, nothing said about loss of Fed money
We need to get rid this State of these kind of people

Dear Mr. Shillingford:

Governor James E. McGreevey has asked me to respond on his behalf to
your July 26, 2004 e-mail concerning the potential diversion of $2
million from the Hunters and Angler's License Fund, administered by the
Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP's) Division of Fish and
Wildlife (DFW).

Hunters and Angler's License Fund monies are derived primarily from
fees paid by sportsmen and women for hunting, fishing and trapping
licenses, permits, tags, certificates and stamps. The $2 million in
question was realized from the sale of a property that had been part of
the Hamburg Mountain Wildlife Management Area in Sussex County. The
purchase of this property by DEP was originally funded from the Hunters
and Angler's License Fund; therefore pursuant to N.J.S.A. 23:8A-3 the
monies received from the sale was remitted back to the Fund.

You are right that New Jersey's Fiscal year 2005 budget provides for
the transfer of the $2 million to the DEP's Division of Parks and
Forestry (DPF) for State Park capital improvement projects. State law
at N.J.S.A. 23:3-11 establishes that Hunters and Angler's License Fund
monies can be used exclusively for such purposes and activities as DFW
deems to be in best interest of the wildlife resources of the State.

Please be assured that the $2 million has not been and will not be
transferred from the Hunters and Angler's License Fund and will not be
used for any purposes other than for the State's wildlife resources. I
have developed an alternate plan for funding State Park capital needs.
This plan needs to be accepted and finalized by the New Jersey
Legislature's Joint Budget Oversight Committee, which will resume
meeting sometime after the Legislature returns to session in
mid-September. Once the Committee's attention can be given to this, I
expect that matter will soon be resolved.

Thank you for your interest in our wildlife management programs and for
taking the time to convey your concerns. I hope that you continue to be
actively involved in supporting wildlife conservation in New Jersey.

Sincerely,

Bradley M. Campbell
Commissioner

·
Registered
7,723 Posts
You are right Bucktail. Only the strong survive and you got to watch everything that goes on anymore. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I haven't the foggiest idea what Cambell said, guess i'm just getting too old to understand political jabber. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,157 Posts
He said

"We got caught stealing and we're too dumb to realize we would have lost the Federal matching funds. Once that was pointed out, we put the money back and now we're trying to act like it never happened"

·
Registered
16,135 Posts
:mad: McGreedy tried to steal our money and give it to his fudge packing friend who runs the park up there so they could pretty up their meeting place :mad:

·
Registered
147 Posts
An enormous pile of steaming, bovine fecal matter. They can use the money 'for the best interest of the wildlife of the State'. Just how much wildlife is at Liberty State Park? Or are they planning to introduce some wildlife there?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
And they claim there is not enough money to run the Bonus Tag program. We need to let our legislators know that we want the money derived from fishing and hunting related products to be used for fishing and hunting, not park projects. The bonus tag program is part of the striper quota recreational NJ fisherman deserve to have. There is some talk that the DEP wants us to pay for the tags. Most recently Brad Campbell authorized the hiring of new marine enforcement officers. Money was there for that! :rolleyes: So now, not only are people who don't have bonus tags denied access to the bonus tag quota this year, but they will be more frequently checked at the dock. I believe the politics of the DEP needs an adjustment!

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Originally posted by Bob ECT:
He said

"We got caught stealing and we're too dumb to realize we would have lost the Federal matching funds. Once that was pointed out, we put the money back and now we're trying to act like it never happened"
:D

·
Registered
378 Posts
The translations given to Cambells letter were right on the money.Congratulations to Capt. Harvey on his promotion to field staff at the NJ Angler.

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you want a Bonus program WE NEED to overwhelm the legislators with e-mail.letters and phone calls.I've already sent in my letters and e-mail and I haven't used the bonus cards I have for 2 years
That is the ONLY way to get their attention,crying on the Barn won't get it BECAUSE most legislators call "spell STRIPED BASS"

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Originally posted by CaptG:
:mad: McGreedy tried to steal our money and give it to his fudge packing friend who runs the park up there so they could pretty up their meeting place :mad:
LOL ! Sounds like he got caught with his hands in the cookie jar more then once

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Originally posted by CaptG:
LOL ! Sounds like he got caught with his hands in the cookie jar more then once

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Thanks Joe.
Willie........I know you always do more then your share in helping with fishery related issues. We are working on getting a letter writing campaign going to the legislators to let them know that there are alot of NJ registerred voters who consider their stance on fishing issues to be of upmost importance!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Why not write a letter to Cody and ask for the removal of Campbell. He is no friend of NJ fishermen and Hunters. Best thing that could happen for us is a admistrator that understands what both fishing and hunting activitiea can do for our states economy. Campbell is tied to closely to the anti groups.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Why not write a letter to Cody and ask for the removal of Campbell. He is no friend of NJ fishermen and Hunters. Best thing that could happen for us is a new administrator that understands what both fishing and hunting activities can do for our states economy. Campbell is tied to closely to the anti groups.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts