BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just came across this lure the other day. It must have been submerged for a long time. Anyway, the funny thing is that I fished it out of the water thinking that it looked pretty cool. That day I get home and I am reading my March Bassmaster magazine and find a very similar looking lure listed on page 80 under the "Wow Factor" - did I stumble upon a Wow lure or does this just happen to look a lot like it? I googled Wow lures and found ones that look pretty close to what I have.

Aside from that - i would be curious to know the best way to clean this thing. The original paint is still on it but flaking off a bit and the blades are pretty dirty and a little rusty in some spots.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer! I am going to post this on the Tackle Box page too - hope that is Ok :thumbsup:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got the following response from a collector...

Hi,
This one is a much newer bait – a plastic version of the Heddon Crazy Crawler (successor to Donaly’s WOW lures).
This one dates to the 1960s, and it is too far gone to be collectible (but still an interesting “find”).
Hope that helps,
robbie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.