BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seriously have a hard time visiting this site in the off season... It gets me going and ready to fish but then.....

I realize that I have months to go!!!! Arghhhhh!

I know they say don;t wish time away, but I would rather be fishing than frigid!

·
Registered
671 Posts
I feel you brother. I usually dont start showing signs of cabin fever till about March, I think I'm full blown. My wife has had enough of me, she has gone as far as saying when are you going to go fishing!!!!!:please:

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I seriously have a hard time visiting this site in the off season... It gets me going and ready to fish but then.....

I realize that I have months to go!!!! Arghhhhh!

I know they say don;t wish time away, but I would rather be fishing than frigid!
Take a light action rod to the Vietnamese Market near the Italian Market. They let you pick the fish you want out of the tank. Point or set the hook I doubt they would care.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Please channel some of that pent up energy and anxiety into another battle - not with a single fish, but for your future ability to fish.

Could you imagine how you would feel if that anxiety lasted 12 months a year:eek:?

Even with all the screaming and hollering going on around here and everywhere else, many fisherpeople still seem very apathetic to the issues.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Please channel some of that pent up energy and anxiety into another battle - not with a single fish, but for your future ability to fish.

Could you imagine how you would feel if that anxiety lasted 12 months a year:eek:?

Even with all the screaming and hollering going on around here and everywhere else, many fisherpeople still seem very apathetic to the issues.

Focusing my attention there to. Sending letters to my congress man, supporting organizations like the RFA, signing petitions, and trying to get everyone I know do the same for me. Would love to go to DC but work and family wont allow me to. But in the end there is no greater joy then a small mouth on a stiff rod ;)

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Good ways of dealing with it:

Re-rig all offshore leaders
Sharpen Hooks
Reset all drags
Maintenance reels
Work on the boat
etc etc etc
And if your feeling lazy watch some videos.

Basically all the stuff we never have time to do during the season. It's a good time to catch up. Alcohol seems to ease the pain too. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.