BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit.....Florida and 80 degree weather is nice...I still have about 6 days left...a phillies game to see, some shopping to do with the lady friend...some fishing from the beach...a trip to Naples for a nice dinner/day, maybe a trip to Miami....

But I can't stop thinking about the good ole striper run in the back that should be heating up soon. I was wondering if anyone has been out at all to give em hell? With the water temps hitting a consistant mid to high 40's I would think the shallows in the back bays would be heating up by now....

Upon return from Florida I will be heading over to No Bones to pick up some well needed Clam bellies to make some soup and try to land a few beasts of the spring...

It sure as hell isn't far away....nothing like First week of April....warmer weather(hopefully) Harry and the Phillies during a day game...dunking clam bellies inthe back!!!!!

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
capemaychef said:
I must admit.....Florida and 80 degree weather is nice...I still have about 6 days left...a phillies game to see, some shopping to do with the lady friend...some fishing from the beach...a trip to Naples for a nice dinner/day, maybe a trip to Miami....

But I can't stop thinking about the good ole striper run in the back that should be heating up soon. I was wondering if anyone has been out at all to give em hell? With the water temps hitting a consistant mid to high 40's I would think the shallows in the back bays would be heating up by now....

Upon return from Florida I will be heading over to No Bones to pick up some well needed Clam bellies to make some soup and try to land a few beasts of the spring...

It sure as hell isn't far away....nothing like First week of April....warmer weather(hopefully) Harry and the Phillies during a day game...dunking clam bellies inthe back!!!!!
Not missing much. Still putting the boat together. Went out last night for a bit. Very quiet , water has been extremely clear. Nights are still very cold. First gulf breeze night we get is when it will really start to kick things in. Just been real cold at night. We need to get out of the 30s'. I'm really hustling getting things on the boat. We don't have long to go til the fish really get into gear.

·
Registered
8,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
insomniac said:
Not missing much. Still putting the boat together. Went out last night for a bit. Very quiet , water has been extremely clear. Nights are still very cold. First gulf breeze night we get is when it will really start to kick things in. Just been real cold at night. We need to get out of the 30s'. I'm really hustling getting things on the boat. We don't have long to go til the fish really get into gear.
Thanks man for the heads up....I keep forgetting the nights are still pretty damn cold up there....once I get back the mako is getting de winterized...firing up the etec...hitting the batteries with some love...and we will be out and about in the backs probably the last monday in March..should be able to pick at something by then I would think...

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Lots of bait at some spots and some herring around, missed a tap from a bass but thats it. Wind was a factor each time Ive been out.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
capemaychef said:
We're going to miss you by a few days. We are heading to Naples on the 28th for just 5 days. I wanted to go longer but my wife won't leave the kids for that long. :(
Hit Pelican Larry's or Paddy Murphy's if your in Naples. It's nice to sit at an Irish Pub next to somebody who just had thier Bentley valet parked.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Just Saw Your Thread "any Action Yet" And I'm Thinking He's Away With His Lady And Asking Us If We Got Action. I'm Wondering How The Action Is Going Down There????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts