BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow, I'm taking my son to Cabelas then stopping at Marsh Creek on the way home. I usually fish Marsh Creek during the summer and do well on bass using plastic worms or jig and pig from our boat. Tomorrow I'll be fishing from shore and not sure what to use or what to target this time of year. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
al

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Use small jigs under a float with a wax worm and catch the bluegills, and live minnows or small tubes under a float for Crappie, stop by Gordans they will give you all the info you need. You also should be able to pick up some Bass and yellow Perch with some shallow diving Crankbaits in the shallower coves after the sun is on them for a couple of hours. Let us know how you do, i will be hitting it again this Wednesday. Jim

·
Registered
343 Posts
Which side will you be fishing from(pool/non-pool)? I would fish from the other side of the lake(non-pool side) and fish around the little point next to the boat ramp throwing some rattle traps with another rod with a big old shiner under a bobber.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
striperken said:
Which side will you be fishing from(pool/non-pool)? I would fish from the other side of the lake(non-pool side) and fish around the little point next to the boat ramp throwing some rattle traps with another rod with a big old shiner under a bobber.
That's where I was planning on going(non-pool). I'll either fish the point or the cove next to it.

·
Registered
343 Posts
There is also an area where an old road goes into the water that produces well too...head away from the boat ramp away from the wooded area...

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Fish Ontalaunee on Rt 73...Its a lot closer to Cabela's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts