BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going on vacation to fenwick delaware. About a 9 mile run to OC inlet from our rental on assawoman bay. Looking to maybe go a few miles offshore to a reef or wreck or something. Only have a 19ft cc., so can't go for the tunas. Don't have a chart of the area yet. Going next week. Just curious if anyone could steer me in the right direction. Might trailer one day to Indian River and try to head out to the old grounds. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Shedhunta,
Here are a couple of links to some fishing information for the area,Check it out..
Maryland Fishing Reports
Delaware Fishing Reports

Good Luck and Have A Great Time Down There.

[ 08-19-2005, 10:23 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you are staying on Fenwick Is. it's an easy run to either O.C. or Indian River. The state ramp at Indian River is open even though there is construction going on at the bridge and it's a very good ramp with easy access to the inlet, Indian River Bay or even Rehobeth Bay. In West Ocean City the state of Md. maintains a good ramp with good parking. The only problem is that to use the state ramps in either Del. or Md. if you're boat is not registered there you will need a ramp pass. I'm not sure where to get them or how much they cost but if I find out I will re-post. There is good fishing inside at both locations and right now the flounder and croaker fishing has been very good. Boat traffic at both can be extremly heavy on the weekends. Be careful of where you are running because there are a lot of sandbars for the unsuspecting boater to get stuck on. If you see a Boston Whaler Montauk with the name Reel Thing, out there pull up and say Hi. Maybe I'll be able to point you to a good spot. Good Luck ----Barry K.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I got a few #'s online from some close offshore wrecks, and should be able to put a few flatties in the boat. I'll let you know how it works out. Can't wait, Shedhunta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts