BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
i am pretty sure that Capt John from the hooked up II (cave man sportfishing) has this system on his new boat that is about to come up soon! I will see it in may and let yo know. lol

Ask him thought.. i am looking into it.!

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Best peice of electronics I've used in a long time. Last year in the Mid500 I missed a turtle because we were using this machine. We had it installed at The Canyon Club by their electronics dept. Brent over there has the unit set up for display. Its cheaper than new props.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
How much does it cost now Chumstain?!

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
CHUMSTAINBest peice of electronics I've used in a long time. Last year in the Mid500 I missed a turtle because we were using this machine. We had it installed at The Canyon Club by their electronics dept. Brent over there has the unit set up for display. Its cheaper than new props.

How much is a new set of props and base it off that. lol hahah

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
NOW THATS SOME GOOD THINKING!!!

Man imagine they had this back in the manhunt days! hahahah

Would have never lost~

·
Registered
165 Posts
We have one on our boat. The thing is awesome. Only problem is that the less expensive models are hard mounted meaning the image bounces around quite a bit.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
marlinhunter how much do they run?

·
Registered
258 Posts
A friend of mine has 1990 38 luhrs with this system routed through is northstar combination screen. It feeds into one of the 4 views on the 22" monitor on the helm. I think it cost him about 10k. Its pretty sweet deal. He has more money into this damn boat then its worth twice over. Probably the fastest 38 luhrs going

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
i dont know if i would or could spend 10k on something like that!! it is crazy money for that stuff!

·
Registered
258 Posts
This guy bought the boat with 6-71 TIB's 485hp, used it for a few months then gutted the engine room. Canyon Club installed brand new CAT C9's pushing 575hp with new tranny's, shafts, and wheels. Next new 8kw northern lights generator. Satellite TV. $20k norhtstar setup. etc. You name it, its going to be on this boat

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
The system is awesome
I used it in the canyons a few nights last year on the Olivia Grace
If You can afford it its worth every penny!!

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Spend many days a month running at night along with the $65,000.00 in other goodies to go fish its well worth it. 1 strike of a large animal or a log out there and the $10,000 is a wash not counting your out of service for a long while. Spend over a million for a boat the assurrance of having the best safety equipment is a no brainer.

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
I think the main problem with the system is the affordability.. do not get me wrong it is a priceless measure of safety and security but not many people can afford something like that... 10k to the average joe for something like is completely out of range.. they are going to have to make a cheaper version for smaller boats or allow owner financing. lol :D

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
But of course!!! that is hands down.. just like anything with a business.. If it makes you money and keeps you safe it is worth the investment.. shoot i spent about 15k last year on machines for my business to make stupid car keys! lol hahah

But like i said... It makes me a lot of money...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I heard from the guys in the booth next to me in A/C that these systems give you another invaluable benefit - the ability to tell real from fake. Apparently boob bags are quite obvious under any kind of garment. They had it at the Ft. Lauderdale show and spent more time making bets on whether the trophy wifes were real or fake as they walked in the door....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts