BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Might be heading out of manasquan inlet tomorrow if all goes well for some stripers/blues. Anyone see or hear of any pods of bait around? Saw them 2 wks ago while fishing the p.p. elsk tournament with loads of jumbo blues in them. Thank you!

Ryan

·
Registered
789 Posts
We ran into two big pods of bunker last Friday evening, but nothing was on them. We were right out in front of the Shark River inlet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A little far for you but for those out of Cape May some pretty good schools of medium sized bunker 180 degrees out of the inlet 3-5 miles on the way to McCries.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
The Delaware Bay is loaded with bunker. We snagged 20 of them for striper bait the other day.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
There were herring (6 to 9) inches pods at EPH shoal at the latter part of last week. Use a sabriki shrimp rig to get them.

·
Registered
980 Posts
there were herring all over the ripps last night right at sunset .and the blues were eating them up!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Yeah- what Rodfather said.
Ed H. Apparently there were some bigger critters eating those herring and blues. BITE!!!

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Originally posted by esquired:
Captblock - did you catch any striper with that bunker?
We were not striper fishing. I freeze them for the fall. There will be times when I can't get fresh bunker in the fall so I use frozen bunker. I have been busy with the weakfish and flounder right now. ;)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Out in front of strathmear last sat,you could walk on them.About 2 miles out.Snapper blues under neath of them.Tried the cast net but they saw it comming a mile away.Broke out the sanaging rig,that worked.caught about 12,sun came out and everything went deep.

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
yea realquick, the pods were thick and all over the place sat. between CI and the OC reef, you are right, you could just about walk on them, we grabbed a half dozen and they helped us catch some fish!!!

·
Registered
3,690 Posts
Originally posted by sjb saxatilis:
yea realquick, the pods were thick and all over the place sat. between CI and the OC reef, you are right, you could just about walk on them, we grabbed a half dozen and they helped us catch some fish!!!
sounds fun Steve, I got your email, I'll get back to you tomorrow, I ran across a couple of pods of bunker the other day in the bay, I saw a big fish come up after them....then snagged a couple and live lined them, but didn't get anything. it was pretty cool seeing them though!

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
As far as the eye can see off of Brigantine and AC. Reports are there are Cobia under them right off the beach. Im taking the Hobie kayak out today and bringing a bigger rod than usual. yeeeeeehhhaaaaa!!!!!!
Barrell

·
Registered
6,383 Posts
sounds good jer, look forward to hearin from ya

good luck barrell!

·
Banned
5,940 Posts
Played around livelining bunker we snagged out of the schools today.

Theres sharks under 'em.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts