BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys just wondering if there are any crabs being caught with nay meat in them being cought around cape may yet... heard a few weeks ago they where being caught just want to know if there is any meat in them yet... don't want to go crabing catch crabs and kill a bunch with no meat in them...

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
They have not shed yet this year. That means they all should be heavy and "ripe for the pickin"

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
THERE IS ONE IN RENTAL SKIFF #1 - DONT TOUCH IT

FRED HAS GROWN QUITE ATTATCHED TO IT - HE HAS BEEN FEEDING IT AND SINGING IT LULLABIES
:D

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
they are around and they are meaty but they are all females. i like the jimmies better.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
they are full, alot of females but the males are still there. kept almost two dozen males last friday. bb

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I bought 3 doz. #2 males last Sunday from Timmy at Capt. Tates. They were pretty full. They're local crabs. 1st of the yr. for me and with some fresh drum from Sat. made for a tasty feast

ps AND a few cold ones of course ;)

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
THERE IS ONE IN RENTAL SKIFF #1 - DONT TOUCH IT

FRED HAS GROWN QUITE ATTATCHED TO IT - HE HAS BEEN FEEDING IT AND SINGING IT LULLABIES
:D
Hey that was my skiff in the tourny. I thought something bit me. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I want to take the kids for crabs but not sure of where...anyone with any suggestions from a boat?...anywhere in S.Jersey is fine...thanks for the help

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
3boys,
The back bays are loaded with crabs.
Go to Seaisle or strathemere and rent a boat from Franks or Larsens.

Cheaper than draggin your own boat down.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts