BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any fluke still in the back bays worth fishing for? Going down this weekend and would like to try it one more time before the season goes out. Just wondering if anyone is doing anything in the back on fluke -

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Try the surf, still seems like summer from the reports. Maybe at night around the inlets.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Originally posted by Esox1:
Hey, bobber the boys on the other site njfish.... no you are on here ? LOL
hahaha no doubt..... i know a few that are on here with diff names from there....lol

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
I caught 4-5 everyday this week BUT Wednesday,no keepers but several 16 1/4"
Caught one yesterday on a eel but still didn't make legal limit

·
Registered
532 Posts
There are still Fluke in the Bay if you hit the right spots. We were out last week and ended up with four keepers and 4 toss backs on shedder. The trick though seemed to be a silver willow leaf spinner above the hook. Peanut bunker worked also, on a jig head. We only tried for them for about half an hour then searched for Weakies and Stripers. So, yes, fluke are still in the Bay.

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
So far this past week has been active at our dock. One guy throwing a cast net for peanuts caught a four pounder. Yesterday I was using a float rig with a size 12 hook with clam to catch small fish for our aquarium. In three feet of water picked up a 17 incher.

·
Registered
789 Posts
They are still around up north. Picked thru a dozen or so for two nice keepers yesterday in the Shark River. Repeating short drifts over any spot that produced a fish seemed to work for us. Also, the lightest weight that would allow you to hold bottom.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts