BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I am finally going to get out this weekend if nothing changes. I have been hearing of a pick here and there. Any spots doing better then others? ie: reef, klondike, rattle snake? I will post an update early next week with my report if I do get out.

·
Registered
789 Posts
We did Ok in the Shark River last Thursday (9 total with 5 keepers). Tried outside around some rough bottom to the North of the inlet, but not much was happening there (tried from 25 to about 40 feet of water). Hope you do better.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Logic186. Funny you said that. On my last trip out of the inlet I was watching guess picking fish and the same on my way in. Needless to say I caught my limit on dogfish and skate that day. I should have stayed in the river myself. Hopefully I will have better luck this weekend. I will post a report. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Are there any bait shops around Shark River Inlet?
I'm heading down after work on Monday afternoon to fish the incoming tide & I need to get some bait.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanx!

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WETDREAM...Shark River Inlet also known as Belmar. If you look at a picture of the Shark River from a plane it shape resembles a shark. I never made it out this weekend. Hopefully I will be sharking on Saturday and Fluking on Sunday.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Megabyte:
Rodfather and I fished right in the river on Monday. I got one 19 incher on the first drift. We saw some real nice fish caught around us.

Guys seemed to have real small baits- maybe small twisters in white on ultra lite rods. There was a lot of grass in there.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

SharkRiver N.J.

[ 06-16-2004, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Originally posted by Partnership:
Megabyte:
Rodfather and I fished right in the river on Monday. I got one 19 incher on the first drift. We saw some real nice fish caught around us.

Guys seemed to have real small baits- maybe small twisters in white on ultra lite rods. There was a lot of grass in there.
Your right! I talked to some locals and they described that same set up. Some nice fish have been caught near the tennis courts! Watch the ramp in belmar large underwater pothole I found it the hardway...
loose

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the replies. Partnership, I been hearing the same inside the river. I will be out this weekend fishing one of three spots that I have gotten reports on. Spots ranging from Monmouth beach south to Sea Girt. I will make a final decision Saturday night. Nightstrikes, after looking at the pic you attached I see a little resemblance. Not sure.........

Good luck to all fishing any Shark Tourneys this weekend!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Might want to try Bill's bait & tackle on just the other side of the bridge past Belmar marina on left. Stay to left and make the u-turn then turn left as if you were going back over the bridge. Bill's is on the right. Has a good selection of all you could need. Fished yesterday in front off the Mad Graffer for stripers AM then flounder PM. Caught one flounder keeper and plently of dogs. Might want to try Krondike.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok finally got out! I fished Sunday on some rough bottom off of Long Branch and was able to put 8 keepers in the box with about 6 throw backs. Killie / Squid combo seemed to be the favorite for the day. Fished 35 - 45ft of water. Water temp was 65-66. Congratulations to my friends on the "Absolute Freedom"! Damon, Jeff and Chris managed to land a 465lb thresher on their first charter with their new boat!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts