BASS BARN banner

Any ideas?

955 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  waterbug 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok so I'm somewhat of a nut maybe but I spend more time bass fishing then anything else and going into only my 6th season I'm exploring different things. This winter I am going to put together a one man beach buggy of some sort (on the cheap) so I can get really mobile on my beaches. 2nd I'm trying to buy a inflatable boat tht I can launch from the beach tht I can also pull with my beach buggy. Base camp is only 140 yards to my beach and I typically only fish a small stretch of coast line. About 3 miles. This season I stay withig a mile stretch of beach all year. But I want to launch from the beach and drive the beach in my Lil buggy all rigged up.
I first said I was somewhat of a nut so go easy on me. Lol jus love me sum stripers! U should c my beach bike 4 rod holders enough storage to hold all gear including waders food tackle bait spikes. And hooks on side to hang my fish for te ride to base camp. Lol I do wht I can wit what I can. Hopefully I get my Licence back this year or next maybe idk one day hopefully. But til then u prob c me on the beach with fully loaded inflatable in tow this next season. Won't be none of tht ..."they were just outa casting range most of the year".... Lol but I'm
Dead serious this is going down as Long as I can get a permit for this contraption this is my set up next season starting spring
Any thoughts or suggestions I'm starting totally from square one on this it's an idea I had a few days ago as I was missing my beach and after enough time spent thinking about it I'm about to research and start to work looking at a three month project basically maybe less if I abandon all fishing (which I can't ) on my days off but 3 months seems suitable

See less See more
#4 ·
Get a kayak, you'll beat the piss outta the inflatable. I'll look out for the maniac with the beach sled!

We've all done crazy things for bass. Ever try climbing up from the ice breakers on a homemade rope ladder in a good wind? Damn scary for the last guy and nothing holding the bottom of the ladder steady. Being a 20 year old bass nut was awesome, really kinda sucks getting older and wiser

RyanF

#5 ·
I put together a cart that is designed to be pulled by a bike. Holds four rods, cooler, sand spikes and anything else you might need. You can probably rerig it to carry a kayak. If you want it you can have it. I don't ride the beach anymore without a motor. Let me know and if I can I'll drop it off for you. It sucks not having a liscense. My info is on my profile.

#7 ·
I put together a cart that is designed to be pulled by a bike. Holds four rods, cooler, sand spikes and anything else you might need. You can probably rerig it to carry a kayak. If you want it you can have it. I don't ride the beach anymore without a motor. Let me know and if I can I'll drop it off for you. It sucks not having a liscense. My info is on my profile.
jf could u post a picture of that thing, been thinking about putting something like that together for a while and could use some ideas tried and true. thanx

#8 ·
There was an article in one of the magazines recently with a bike that was capable of traversing the sand. Think the article was about the cape cod canal. Probably pricey but looked sweet.

RyanF

#11 · (Edited)
Good stuff but I Will be outfittig the inflatable with a small outboard fishfinder and plenty extras I promise as for the cart I'll send u my number Tks oh and the dune buggy will Have a motor of some sort. Like I said I was starting from square one so any and all feed back is greatly appreciated guys.
The aquous inflatable ribbed 12' looks like it will work. Maybe mount adjustable wheels on the transom an no need for a trailer? Idk jus starting

#12 ·
Dont forget anything with a motor on it needs to be registered, I would reaserch the hell out of the laws to see if it is legal to launch a motorised boat from the beach.....I would imagine its not with the possibility of the boat getting dumped/swamped and the possibility of a fuel spill from your fuel cell. Either way you have more determination than I do to fish off the beach.....keep us updated on how your season goes and good luck.

#15 ·
Hopefully I get my Licence back this year or next maybe idk one day hopefully.

Without a licence it's gonna be tough getting a permit for any motorized vehicle boat or buggy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.