BASS BARN banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any one know any one over there? I would love to get a summer internship there. It would be great if I could talk to an engineer about the type of engineering work instead of HR.

A shot in the dark but I figure it would be worth a shot.

If any one could hep me out that would be great.

Thanks

Rich

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Nice idea - even if you can't find a personal contact, go for it !

Give them a call and ask for the name of the appropriate contact.
Think about the reasons why Viking would want to employ you BEFORE you pursue so you're ready.

And by all means, if you know that you're an honest, trustworthy, determined person with good character - tell them about it.

Good luck. I hope you land a position.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

I just like talking to a specific person instead of just asking for HR and explaining it to them.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Lonnie Rutt is the Engineering Manager for Viking. I don't know him personally, but I catered he and his wife's Christmas party at their crib back in December and can say hes genuinely a hell of a nice guy, as was the entire group at the party. Fun bunch, you have to love a party where the entire wet bar is setup inside a 6 foot CAD-CAM model of a hull design :D ...sorry I couldn't be much of a personal reference, but sometimes even a name is useful.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Reel Force said:
a name is a great start.

Thanks guys
Send me an email. I work directly with the engineers at Viking. I work as a CAD tech. in the R&D CAD dept. I might be able to get you a name and a contact directly from the Engineering Manager.

Glennexit13....now I know where that model went....:)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Send me your info and I can pass it on to some of the engineers. Most are patients of mine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

I sent him a line with my Resume so hopefully he can work some magic...

Crosses Fingers

Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts