BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That'll learn me never to drive ANYWHERE on Memorial Day weekend again! It's a normal 20 minute drive north from Court House to my place, got stuck for over 3 hours. Every single possible route north out of Cape May County, even the back routes, were bumper to bumper. Gotta love the season... :rolleyes:

BTW, had some lady from Washington DC come into my office on Friday evening yelling at my co-worker about why the traffic was so bad :confused: . She couldn't quite grasp the concept of it. When you've got the entire eastern population of PA on one two-lane road... yeah, there's bound to be a little traffic

How do you shoobs to do it every weekend? It would drive me nuts, and it does, when you clog up the roads every weekend in the summer. Thank God I was born a local, but I may have to move outta here one of these days :D !

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
not me. i stayed on the island. took a bike ride to watch the margate memorial day parade with alyson (her first parade), then the rains came, and we watched that stupid show american hot rod all afternoon on the discovery channel or something similar. what a bunch of morons.

i was lucky enough not to hit any traffic. i thought i was going to get stuck friday afternoon coming out of longport on the way to acme in somers point, but i left the main drag at carolines, and beat a bunch of cars that were stacked up. i did have some woman in a gold colored jag scream at me as if i was in the wrong when she tried to get around a car that was turning, and almost plowed into me while i was STOPPED at a stop sign. maybe i was in the wrong, i can't be sure. something tells me that her Florida tags are probably from Palm Beach County, and she is one of those geniuses that couldn't vote properly in 2000.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't you know that people in Jags are allowed to do anything they want on the road?? Haven't you learned anything from the previous summer's worth of headaches?
Something tells me that I won't be missing any of the shoob-a-rific idiots in Longport this year :D ! Or, if I may steal a term from our northern bretheren, the "Googination of the State". I'll be too busy fishing by my lonesome in the secluded Delaware Bay wilderness to worry about anything! Although, if the conditions are just right in July or August, you might see me on the super ultra hush hush top secret jetty doing some sight fishing.

And I agree, American Hot Rod is a stupid show. I like American Chopper, though. They make some pretty cool bikes :D . I like watching the fabrication process. Paul Jr has some talent.

·
Registered
13,906 Posts
Hey Fly Ty R, if you're going to hit that super super super secret secret jetty let me know. Ya steered me right last year the ONE time I tried it, love to hook up with ya this year.

By the way, shoot me an email about some Ocean and Monmouth county salmonids.

-- Rob

·
Registered
13,906 Posts
oh yeah, I'm looking to become a local (maybe not THAT local for THIS thread... thinking more like the Mullica region) sometime next year. Any recommendations? LEHT is one option, but I'm looking to purchase a dock with a 3BR house attached. Looked at a few communities last year, but need some more advice. Only putting this here because it's a South Jersey LOCAL thread

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Mullica Region (as long as it's near the ocean) is local for this board. At least I think it is :D . Although, if you ask some people who live down where I am, anything north of Atlantic City or West of Vineland (both a good hour north from here) is North Jersey.

I really don't know when I'm going to hit the Super Top Secret Mega Hush Hush Incredibly Covert Government Conspiracy Jetty. I'm not a "local" to that region anymore, even though I grew up there and I can tell you which rock will hold fish, and what they'll hit ;) . I've got some really great, not-that-secret-but-nobody-really-fishes-there spots down on the Delaware Bay that I've been told hold fish in season, supposedly
. They're great for fly fishing, too. I'll e-mail you.

I haven't even been to any of the Ocean/Monmouth County Super Top Secret Wink Wink Nudge Nudge Cough Cough Salmo/Esox streams since that first stocking we did. No, strike that, I did fish the *reviR smoT* once, but the water was too high to wade very far.

[ 06-01-2004, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Fly Ty R ]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By law, I'm allowed to complain. Don't hassle me; I'm a local... :D My Great Great Great Grandpappy was the captain of the Mayflower II, which landed at the Longport Jetty, which they didn't know hadn't been invented yet, and when he got out, he could walk on the striper's backs because they were so plentiful, and then singlehandedly (meaning "with single hand") founded Atlantic City...all in the same day. But back then they didn't wear shoes because the Krauts stole their feet. And rich men dropped silver dollars from Zeppelins, which in those days were worth a nickel. And they wore onions on their belts, which kept away the wild turkeys, which they called "walking birds". Then the first tribe of shoobies came and invented the first traffic jam. That changed everything.

Or something like that...

·
Registered
7,957 Posts
Dave, you have been living in the boonies too long. It becomes a way of life. Like Jays said we need their money to kept things running. If they could only send money and have us email them pictures or something, life would be good. Just got to learn to live with it. Traffic going home was brutal, probably two hours longer than normal for those heading towards Pa. Thats why they created radios in cars. Sit back relax go with the flow. The other morning it took me 8 minutes to get to the boat instead of the usual 4 minutes.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by Fly Ty R:
By law, I'm allowed to complain. Don't hassle me; I'm a local... :D My Great Great Great Grandpappy was the captain of the Mayflower II, which landed at the Longport Jetty, which they didn't know hadn't been invented yet, and when he got out, he could walk on the striper's backs because they were so plentiful, and then singlehandedly (meaning "with single hand") founded Atlantic City...all in the same day. But back then they didn't wear shoes because the Krauts stole their feet. And rich men dropped silver dollars from Zeppelins, which in those days were worth a nickel. And they wore onions on their belts, which kept away the wild turkeys, which they called "walking birds". Then the first tribe of shoobies came and invented the first traffic jam. That changed everything.

Or something like that...
Don't hold anything back, now....tell us how you realy feel ;) :D
:rolleyes:
!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts