BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I buy a boat far away, I might fly in and then rent a pick-up to trailer home....

A. If they allow rental one way

B. If it's not crazy expensive

Anyone ever done this....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Tow

I had a boat delivered from FL. Did a search for boat transport Co's. Worked out better for me and was insured. You can rent U-haul one way, but compare price's with transport co's and see what works for you.:)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to uhaul today and they wouldn't do one way with the F150's. They would with a moving vehicle, but it is 70 cents a mile on top of daily fee. So they are out. Will look into Hertz tomorrow. Thanks guys

·
Registered
145 Posts
How far away are you talking about?......What area?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I bought a car in Atlanta a couple of years ago and did a one way rental. Don't see why a truck with a hitch would be different. I did have to rent out of the Atlantic City Airport as none of the local rental companies would do it. For example, I could do a one way rental from Avis out of AC but Avis wouldn't do it out of Toms River if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
every boat I've ever bought far away...I flew in but reserved a 10 ft uhaul truck ...one way, two weeks ahead of time.

not cheap,,,but tough comfy trucks..and never a problem.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Reelyhooked. I actually checked that option, but at 70 cents a mile plus day rate, it's 3x the price of me just jumping in the car.......stinks
I need every penny I own for the purchase. wish that worked.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.