BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Boat had been down due to lack of steering. Just got it back and rain for the next 3 days.
Terrific

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ill be in OC this weekend through next week. I will post the good, bad or hopefully not ugly.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Surf fished yesterday afternoon/ evening 5 - 7:45. Multiple hits on many casts. Ended up with 2 spots. Using fishbites on kingfish rig and 2 ozs. of lead. Wind was whipping so I had to play the current which was fishable considering most hits were right in the wash real close to the beach. By 7:15 incredibly the wind dropped off and the water settled also. I was just about able to stay straight out with the 2 ozs. It was amazing how mother nature works. Will be back at in about an hour in the back and then surf fish this afternoon and target sharks tonight.

Reactions: 2GT

·
Registered
451 Posts
Fished the sea wall in Anglesea Friday on the outgoing tide. Used 1/2 Oz jihead with paddle tail. Got 2 decent pick ups without any success setting the hook. I saw other fishermen using top and bottom rigs with bloodworms. One fella had about 30 or so Spot in a five gallon bucket. They were very large spot and it seemed to be the only game in town, although I did see a rather large fish break the surface some distance away. There’s going to be some bigger fish soon, and I’ll be back

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
If you guys can manage to get shedder crabs- that will help you catch fish. Also, try adding shedder oil to some surf clams. When surf fishing I tend to use a fishfinder rig (sinker slide rig) but occasionally I'll switch it up to a single or double dropper loop rig.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Change of plans this morning due to the rain. Just got back from the beach. If you're looking for spot the surf is loaded with them!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Today I had 3 kings (all southern), spots, small sand sharks on blood worms then switched to cut mackerel and had 2 bluefish. Incoming to the top of tide.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Thanks for the report- it's like the old days on the barn. I like when people say they're going to go out and then report back and actually follow through and "report back" Kinda why I stopped posting or helping out here for a while, people would come on here and ask for tips and help and not contribute and help out other anglers or pay it forward for others- I called them mousepad/smartphone fisherman. Surprised to see you had sandsharks in bloodworms.

·
Registered
15,676 Posts
I didn’t see the guys catching anything this afternoon on Strathmere beach but not sure they were trying that hard.

·
Registered
13,737 Posts
Thanks for the report- it's like the old days on the barn. I like when people say they're going to go out and then report back and actually follow through and "report back" Kinda why I stopped posting or helping out here for a while, people would come on here and ask for tips and help and not contribute and help out other anglers or pay it forward for others- I called them mousepad/smartphone fisherman. Surprised to see you had sandsharks in bloodworms.
I learned long ago, sandsharks love bloods this time of year… fish bites tend to keep them away if they are really a nuisance, but one or two are not a problem to me. Problem to me is not getting out :D

·
Registered
542 Posts
Boat or beach?
Fishing on the beach, using kingfish rig. Shark and spots on the bottom hook and kings on the top. All fish caught real close to shore.

I too remember the good ol' days of the fishing reports, good info and people. I havent been down as often as I would like so I havent really had anything to report. I follow the DD but I refrain from posting (so far) because Im sure I would be banned for my reponses to the flaming leftist f**k ups that are there. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts