BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has been my worst week of the year and I put in on April 5th
Started Sat with nothing but skates, picked up a little on Monday with 3 nice bass but only 1 fluke
Tuesday and Wednesday have been horrible
Maybe I'm in a slump like Jim Thome ???

No spots needed but anybody done anything decent this week in upper Cape May County?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Originally posted by Flynn-S.:
Good lord, if Willie is having major problems, I'm doooomed this weekend - unless they are all stacked up in mid - Cape May County!!

Hope it picks up soon, I enjoy reading your posts.
I couldn't agree more maybe I should stay at BBQ's this weekend! ;)

I hope it turns around for you soon. Seeing you report no fish is like seeing me get a limit ;)

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Willie, all I got were Blues last night. Its been an absolutely horrible year for me in terms of weakies.(Not even 1) If you are not doing well fishing then I am screwed. Hope your luck changes.

[ 06-29-2005, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
My B-in-law has done Zippo for both bass and flounder behind Avalon

Even local veterans are having a hard time catching thowback fluke

Offshore he had 20 slammer blues no BFT

Probally approaching the Dog Days up there

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm hoping it is a Moon Problem, I'm getting marks on my machine just can't get them to bite
Hopefully as we move away from this moon the weekend will improve

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
July and Aug is when I became a true believer in Nightstrikes purple bomber at night around real dark sods.

I usually had luck arund the ones close to the inlet

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Willie,

Both Sat and Sun I was at a spot that normally produces well at that particular tide. Never got a touch both days until after the moon had set. This was 9:23 and 10:39 am respectively. Pretty late in the day but at least the bass turned on somewhat. Even my wife didn't start feeding till around mid day over the weekend. :D

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
Hey Willie...My bro-in-law has been doing ok at beesley's pnt fishing in 10 -15 ft of aqua with bucktails and minnows.I think he's been fishing in front of Kennedy park or close to 9th street...Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by Keeper Seeker:
Yo Doc, ....s :eek: Your killing me.
Ah come on man that was pretty general

And you know most of the ones we are probally thinkng about are pretty tough to get to anyway

Actually, high moon is when I liked to fish the sods. Usually spots dependent on shadow lines shut down during periods of high moon

Sorry about that, all this offshore fishing I have been doing down here has made me a bit more of a team player
:D

[ 06-30-2005, 06:39 AM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
On the other coast of Cape May County the water is in the high 70's, but I'm sure the fish are biting well after dark. How is the temp on your side?

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Upper Cape May county has a block of cold water off the coast and when SW wind it gets pushed to surface and comes in mixing with warmer water
This morning I had 63 on top of the tide and 69 when tide was half out
Fish are confused

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
BW,
Thanks! I was on the mid-Cohansey last night and the water felt about 85* (probably not that warm, but definately "bathwater"). I guess upwelling doesn't affect the Del very much at all; not enough surface area. Sounds like your temps on the Atlantic side are much more striper friendly.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.