BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inground cement pool leaks. Want to know if gunite will seal it? Estimates? Other suggestions?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
are you sure it's leaking through the cement and not a drain/filter line?If it's a crack in the cement I'm sure there is a sealer/coating that can be applied .Gunite is the the base,they trowel on the finish coat.

·
Registered
11,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty sure through a crack in the cement. I drains down to a certain spot and stops. There are no lines from that point. The original bottom drain was sealed already. The pool is almost 50 yrs. old.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
jimbo, hate to say it but sounds like a filter line has a crack in it, most will drain to the level of the crack, is this a slow leak or does it drain at a noticable pace...

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hey guys, I developed a crack in my pool wall 3 years ago. The pool is gunnite and is 27 years old. The crack starts at the tile line and extends to the turn at the bottom in the shallow end. After a lot of reasearch I was told to take a 4 inch grinder or cut off saw and install a $10.00 Home Depot diamond masonary blade in the tool. Cut a vee groove all the way down the crack about 3/4 inches deep. Then visit your local marine store and buy enough marine tex to do the job. I had to buy the 2 -14 ounce boxes and use the entire contents with the catalyst supplied. It worked on my pool. If you call the manufactures of marine tex at 215-855-8450 they will tell you it does work. They are located in Montgomeryville Pa. It is actually stronger than your original pool construction and is able to be sanded after curing. Read instructions carefully and work fast as it starts to set in less than 30 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts