BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
No, that would describe the back bay after that rain we had on Christmas night; black....and crappy!!!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I gave it a half-hearted shot today. My son(Matt, age 11) and I had the day to ourselves since the wife and younger son went to Ice Show. We both have killer colds so we wanted to find a site where we could set up the rods and sit in the van. We shot down to OC and got some salted clams. We found a spot on the causeway where we could park next to a bulkhead with the wind to our backs. We sat there for about an hour with no hits. We were really too sick to fish, but had to give it a shot. I might get crazy and try to get out one night before New Years.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Was blown out yesterday on an open boat trip out of Cape May, so i ventured down to check out a few spots. Tried a few Jetties, nothing! Went back inland along the Ocean Drive, met up with a few locals who had been there a while. said they had a few bumps, no takers. but while i was there, one fish was landed at about 22 inch range! so I guess they are still in the back. but it seems like the action starts close to sundown!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.