BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We kept the tradition going and hit a popular NEPA stream that used to get loaded up with fat, freshly stocked trout. I think my dad and my buddy Wardman, and revolving cast of characters, have been going to the same spot for almost 20 years. With the nice weather, it was definitely packed. And just like what seems to be happening at home, holes that have been stocked for years are getting skipped altogether! Spot one, with 50 guys or more fishing, and we saw two fish landed before we packed up and moved at 10:30 AM.

Spot two of the same stream was a bit better. We all got the monkeys off our back pretty early on, but it was still tough fishing. I think Wardman got 3 or 4 and my dad 2. I took my life in my hands and waded out into an isolated fast run where my dad randomly found a mess of willing fish a few year ago. Bang, it was on. After catching only 1 fish all morning, I salvaged the day with 14 more on the CD 3 and CD 5 (and one that hit a green weenie fished like bait, just for fun). All from the same 50 yard stretch that I had to myself until Ward caught up a while later and landed a couple more.

It was a one picture day. The second cast at this little spot, and a 16 inch rainbow hit a a CD 5. The rest were cookie cutters. I hope others had a better morning that us... I think we need a couple new spots for opening day :eek:

·
Registered
490 Posts
Nice fish Sick Days that’s a healthy looking Bow!! :thumbsup: That was a tuff opener for me! Had to walk back up a feeder stream and hunt down some little guys just to register on the fish counter!! They are nice looking little brownies but nothing was happening on the main swim. And Rob, talked to the man with the fish badge and they are considering the PoHo a wild Fishery!!!! (not going to be stocked as much)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice fish Sick Days that’s a healthy looking Bow!! :thumbsup: That was a tuff opener for me! Had to walk back up a feeder stream and hunt down some little guys just to register on the fish counter!! They are nice looking little brownies but nothing was happening on the main swim. And Rob, talked to the man with the fish badge and they are considering the PoHo a wild Fishery!!!! (not going to be stocked as much)
It was tough, Henry! I read that about PoHo. I heard that Martin's is also being changed or has been? Sounds like a lot of changes coming. Hope they sink money into preserving the water quality of those places if they are going to let them go wild. The Bushkill seems to be hurting in the DHALO section due to loss of spawning habitat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts