BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BELLS LAKE IS A PRIVATE LAKE IN WASHINGTON TWSP. IT IS ONE OF THE LAST , BEST FISHING SPOTS IN SOUTH JERSEY. I'VE FISHED IT 3 TIMES THIS WEEK , BETWEEN THE 3 DAYS I USED 8 DOZEN OF MINNOWS ( BETWEEN MY BUDDY AND I) WHAT A BLAST !! 34 PERCH , 26 CALICO BASS , 14 LARGE MOUTH . BELIEVE IT - OR NOT !:eek:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey Shark, I used to to live there in bells lake and yes i think at that time it was HOT !!!!! FOR BASS AND JUMBO PEARCH. I had one of my best days on that lake with my dad, both catching well over 15 bass each and myself landing two over 7lbs one on top water, zara spook and the other on a jig/pig. Looks like you had one of those days yourself nice work!!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I have fished Bells Lake since i was a kid. Always have done really well with Bass, Picks, Perch, and a load of Sunfish. I went about 2 weeks ago and caught 6 bass 1 pick and 1 cat fish at the dam.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
They charge about $500 for the family of three plus new members pay an intial dam fee of $250.:mad: We belonged for about 20 years and I fished it alot in the spring and fall.It used to be alot more lake oriented but the swim team people and lawyer type people have really ruined the lake scene,It used to have a boat house over the water,sliding board into the lake,floating dock to swim out to and a rope swing out there to swing out into the lake.These are now far to dangerous.:rolleyes: They recently started charging a $50 lake use fee for your boat.On top of this all the houses built on the other side of Gantown Road dump so much lawn fertilizer into the lake it gets totally choked off by June.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great White said:
It used to have a boat house over the water,sliding board into the lake,floating dock to swim out to and a rope swing out there to swing out into the lake.These are now far to dangerous.:rolleyes:
I remember those days with the dock out there.....always came out with a leech or two :D:D

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT'S REALLY A GREAT LAKE , I GREW UP DOWN THERE,WE RODE OUR BIKES DOWN THERE AND SPEND THE DAY AS KIDS,DID YA EVER HEAR ABOUT STRIPERS IN THE LAKE?:eek:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yes i have heard about that. Did you hear about the 75lb carp i caught in there two years ago.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Great White said:
They charge about $500 for the family of three plus new members pay an intial dam fee of $250.:mad: We belonged for about 20 years and I fished it alot in the spring and fall.It used to be alot more lake oriented but the swim team people and lawyer type people have really ruined the lake scene,It used to have a boat house over the water,sliding board into the lake,floating dock to swim out to and a rope swing out there to swing out into the lake.These are now far to dangerous.:rolleyes: They recently started charging a $50 lake use fee for your boat.On top of this all the houses built on the other side of Gantown Road dump so much lawn fertilizer into the lake it gets totally choked off by June.
I was a member back in those days as well - spent the formative years of my youth rowing the lake in search of everything! Heck, I even ice fished it on a number of occassions

When were you there Great White? I was there everyday from 1977 to about 1984

·
Banned
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts