BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
livelining eels from the sod banks? Casting up-current, then walking down the bank while letting the eels swim with the current? Maybe not even eels, but herring or minnows? Im sure you oculd catch just about everything that swims back there with a 6 inch eel or maybe a mullet or herring. Weakies, blues, flounder, stripers all would probably go nutz for a little appetizer like that. Just throwing out ideas here, anybody ever have success doing this?

A few summers ago I tried this behind OC off the causeway with about a half once weight with killie-squid combo and caught about a dozen flounder and a few robins and blues. Whats your experience???

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Works quite well on the "beach" for me at night. Especially when good locations can't be figgured.
Mind your footing on the sods my friend ;)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I haven't done this alot but have had success by letting the eel get to a 45 degree angle to the bank and walk with it. It is somewhat a natural presentation as it looks like the eel is fighting the current to get to the bank. Current and wind must be in your favor and use no weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.