BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im headed there in early April, doing the Sandals thing. Looking to get out for a day. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Stayed there on my honeymoon in 1995 . Did a day troll through conceirge service . Caught a few small fish . Nothing special , got drunk .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Stood there in march of '07 on honeymoon. Also @ sandals, the one with the golf course. Did the same, booked through hotel. Chartered whole boat myself. Went out, did the troll thing, not crazy about trolling, but that's what they do... Mates were great, fishing was ok. Had one strike from marlin early. Then had two on at same time, landed one blue marlin @ 100lbs. For me, ok experience but def fish to mark off on my list...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Stayed there back in sept 01 (honneymoon) seemed like sportfishing was kind of limited back then maybe its improved since then. We found a boat at the marina. Trolled around for six hours without a touch got really annoyed with the capt. when he didnt want to stop on a school of blitzing skipjack:mad: for I had brought my small spinner for just that kind of situation. A little research before we went down probably would have payed off.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fished w/ Capt. Mikes & would go again

I would book my own boat. Do a search on charter boats for the island. I fished with Capt. Mikes on their 35 Bertram for a half day by myself. Took a cab down to the dock and fished back up within site of the resort. Lost a Blue Marlin, caught 4 wahoo and 2 Mahi. Spoke with a group who booked through the hotel and they had nothing the day before.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Fished there with my father and brother. My father decided to charter this boat run by this guy who looked to be about 85. Trolled the same baits all day. Caught one cuda. Guy just wanted his money and that was it.

Another much nicer boat in the marina was letting off their charter. Talked to one of the crew and they released 6 bills. They said "marlin" but I am thinking sails.

You get what you pay for I suppose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts