Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
31,673 Posts
looks sloppy joe for sunday.no pun intended

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
I was down the river this am after work looking for herring around Station ave nothing yet....spoke with a couple of regulars who told me this week was bad nada for anyone.. Down at Mays landing they are killing herring..The water was 47* this am and nothing was biting..Head south towards Walt whitman ...good luck let us know how you make out..

·
Registered
315 Posts
I launched my boat last week at the arsenal and they didn't have the floating docks in the water yet. it was OK at high tide, but at low tide you might have an 8 foot drop from the dock.

·
Registered
28,819 Posts
hey joe you will be in my neck of the woods... have to go shopping though.. the wifes hs reunion is friday.. i need a hair cut and new cloths :) but make a call to bridesburg bait and tackle.. they will tell you the scoop.. i know some where caught just not many... and if you need bait they can help...

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got down to the Frankford Arsenal Ramp at 10:00. Light Rain, some wind. Fishable no less. Problem as hitcher said, it was dead low tide and the water was 2-3 feet from the end of the pier. Lower than I have ever seen it in the past 4 years.
The crazy part was there was a fresh Bannana at the foot of the ramp :confused: WTF. Someone must have saw that on a boat and heaved it over. Never seen that before.....

I left and went to the Schukyl ramp by 422 and Trooper Road.
Still no docks, so I achored on a tree and launch. Guy comes up and says "Never seen someone launch so good by themself" I reply, "thanks man, instead of watching why didn't you help????" :rolleyes:
He then tells me that there are a lot of large rocks and I shouldn't go.
"Thanks again Jackass. What do you do, sit here all day and wait for people to launch only to break balls??":eek:
I parked the truck and took her for a shake down, very, very nice, all fittings I repacked were dry, floscan worked great. Carb work was good. My normal prop is in the shop, so I had the back up prop on, still got her to 29 MPH in the skinny 8-9 feet of rock laden water :rolleyes:
Ran her an hour and came back to the dock. This time a nice guy was there, asked me to throw him a rope, and he helped my pull the boat. I asked him if he was a barner, no..but he lurks here a lot. Thanks if your reading.
There were tons of marks in the river, there was one drop off, if you can call it a drop, from 9-12.5 feet that was holding nice large fish. Would have dropped a line if I took the rods.
Try Next week.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
44 Posts
Launched first time of the year Saturday @ Arsenal.
RAn to ben Franklin, fished mud bottom w bloods. No takers, nothing on fish finder yet. They are coming...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts