BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Bob, I fished behind Stone Harbor on Sat., drifting on the incoming between the free bridge and the 96th St. bridge. Caught 24 fluke, 22 throwbacks and 2 keepers, small (17"). Used an Aqua-clear top and bottom rig with Mr. Twister twin tails and minnows. Went back the next day and could only catch 3 throwbacks, even though I tried other rigs and baits.

I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago at Paddys hole; I caught lots of small throwbacks one day and nothing the next. Maybe it's the fisherman.

If you do any good, let me know.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Fished behind Corson's today with my 11 y/o son. We managed about 20 fish and 4 keepers. 2-17",1-19" and 1-24". Everything else was about 12".All were caught on a leadhead and twister w/a minnow. It was the best total of keepers so far. The people fishing with plain hooks and a minnow were catching small fish non-stop.I only saw 1 other boat net a fish.
Fished the incoming tide.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Been catching mostly shorties on the backside ,but have gone outside to some of the inshore lumps (0-6miles) and have had some good trips and not so good ones. Primary bait was strip baits (bluefish,sandshark,searobbin)These fish seem to be moving as you can go back the next day and catch nothing but Iguess thats what keeps us coming back

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Bob

Have snooped around and out once myself for fluke. Have really seen nothing but throwbacks. Have caught plenty of throwbacks as well around bridges at night. Same word at local Tackle shops

[ 07-21-2004, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
at least ther are no greenheads in the ocean

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
Been fishing bewteen Sea Isle and 34th St Ocean City all week and have got some nice keepers from 20-24"
I try to get away from the little fish by fishing the deeper holes with bucktail and shark filet
They do seem to be moving as each day I find them in different spot.
One small weakfish this morning and a 3lb Croaker both inside,biggest Croaker I ever caught inside

·
Registered
32,487 Posts
at least ther are no greenheads in the ocean
Out there you get those little bastards that are constantly biting your ankles. Even if your 20 miles out and going WOT, they still manage to stick with the boat. Every time you kill one, there's another one there to take his place. Oh well, it beats running over a wasp nest with the lawn mower :mad: :mad: :mad: TWICE :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts