BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Great Bay was too rough for me today, turned back early. Did anyone have any luck? From what I can see tomorrow looks a little better, anyone going out?

·
Registered
241 Posts
BRat....I was out this AM on Great Bay.....it was very nice on the Bay and I put three keeper fluke in the boat It was windy in the afternoon and I came in...I'll be out again tomorrow...call FishieSue on channel #9...

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
Brat,
I was out on Saturday in the afternoon for the last of outgoing in Grassy. Caught a couple short fluke, skates. Then hammered the Blues on pink Fins.

Bedbug Eddie,
If you don't mind me asking, What part of G bay where you fishing? Where you using killies? I got the shorts on herring strips.

I'll be back at it next saturday.

Johnny d

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I made it out and did pretty good near 139, only 1 fluke but only tried for them for 30 minutes because the tide changed. See reports thread. Johnny, the blues were "cutting" into my finS supply so I switched to metal and did well. Bedbug, mind telling me what area you were fishing for the fluke and the tide, you can email me privatly if you don't want to give out the spot. Keep me posted on how you made out today, I will probably be out tomorrow AM. Thanks

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
bayrat,
I hear you on the finS. I went through 2 packs of pinkies. I'll be out Saturday morning. Give me a shout on channel 9. I have a 20 ft w/a gradywhite.

Any of you guys fishing in the tournment at Rand's this Saturday?

Johnny d

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Slow fishing today...two blues & two skates in the morning...then nothing. A few short hits from fluke but they were not taking the minnows...just holding them.

Other boats in the WW area didn't seem like they were catching anything. Beautiful weather though!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Jonny D...BayRat...

I usually start out just before the stakes heading out of Big Creek towards the Stink House...I stop short of the stakes and drift around there. It was the last two hours of the outgoing tide. Then moved over to the 139 area. My main fluke catcher is a big slip bobber rig with a 3/8 oz. jighead with a double twister tail on which I impale a large killie....sometimes I fished two of these rigs off the back of the boat...they really just fish themselves and I catch the biggest and the most on these rigs every year. Make sure the jig hovers about 6 to 12 inches above the fluke's noses. Shhhh..this method is a secret! HAHAHA....

·
Registered
5,862 Posts
bedbug E,
Thanks for info. I always wanted to try the bobber rig w/shad dart from Scotts. Have you ever tried the those shad darts? I 'll be out this saturday. I'll report back.

Johnny d

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yea Johnny...I have used the darts but IMHO those double twister tails are much better. Lotsa fluttering action with the twin tails and the killie wiggling about....you'll pick up blues and weaks on this rig too. The blues just wreck the tails tho' so keep a supply on hand.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hear the Ocean City WaterWay is producing decent size fluke! Ill be out there today the 12th trying my luck ill leave a report in this homeport section with some pictures of what we get!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Went out fluke fishing today got 3 throwbacks on macstrips and squid.

Went out fishing the 9th street bridge at rainbow channel got 1 20" bass and 2 blues in an hour and called it quits cause id been fishing all day since 2:30.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I'll be out tommorrow with 3 guys on board. They want some bluefosh action, as we will do a little fluking as well.
Johnny d check you email.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts