BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
I run both of them and the bunker spoon, silver picture, works better for me. I like the alewives real close into the beach, silver or green/yellow. By the way no feathers for me on the bunker spoon.

Just remember,"you can't polish a terd"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool! Thanks guys!

For the ones above, do I need a weight to get them down? I'm using 50 lb. power pro... don't have extensive wire equipment stuff... just simple stuff... I seem to do OK with Stretch 25's right now...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes they need a drail to keep them down. A 6oz drail can get down to about 15-20 feet. you want a heavy enough drail to keep the spoon just off the bottom, maybe 1-4 feet from the bottom.

I would attach the closed end to the line. On the other end is a clip so you can change rigs (spoons, umbrella rigs...) You also want to use a heavy mono leader between the drail and the lure. I use about 8-12 feet of #80 test line for this.

[ 11-14-2005, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Luna-tik ]

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Luna Tic is that picture the bridge on the way to Graveling point? It is a great shot.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The bunker spoons seems to run a bit better without the drail usuing wire line but you will still catch using a drail. We did an experiment yesterday w/ one rod w/ 50# Power Pro and an 8 oz drail VERSUS wire line and no drail. The wire line far outproduced.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.