BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running out of ways to look for work. So I figured I'd put this out there see if anyone knows of anything. I am currently employed with my company for 4 years. I'm not happy at all but I'm not quiting for obvious reasons. Job market is crap. Would love to break into the fishing industry considering thats all I do in my free time. I live in North Jersey and have a long commute. I dont mind that and would travel for the right job considering I travel for the wrong job.:nuts:I have summer housing available to me in Pt. Pleasant so any charter operations or commercial operations are worth considering. I have a resume ready to be emailed.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I think Capt Mark from Canyon Runner had posted a while back looking for a mate for next season.
You may want to check with them and see if the position may still be open

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Yea well I swing a sledge for about 6 hrs a day and another 2 shoveling concrete!! Then 4 hrs of travel time and crappy pay!! Can't get much worse!!!
Sounds like you would have no problem sticking a green fish!! :D

Email me your contact info, I will spread it around. You never know, sometimes things happen for a reason. We get people asking for help sometimes. Can you run a boat?? Do you have your tag??

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think Capt Mark from Canyon Runner had posted a while back looking for a mate for next season.
You may want to check with them and see if the position may still be open
Just want to clarify the Canyon Runner is looking to hire a 2nd mate. The position is still open.

·
Registered
881 Posts
M.T Nest- I know a guy looking for someone with a construction background that can do that and also mate on his boat. He had asked me to possibly post a wanted ad here on the Barn after speaking w/ him at the C.R. seminar in AC this past weekend. You would have to have a background in construction though as that's probably what you'd be doing most of the time.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M.T Nest- I know a guy looking for someone with a construction background that can do that and also mate on his boat. He had asked me to possibly post a wanted ad here on the Barn after speaking w/ him at the C.R. seminar in AC this past weekend. You would have to have a background in construction though as that's probably what you'd be doing most of the time.
I cant message you through the barn for some reason. Tried your website and it seems to be offline. Can you please contact me.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I know the guy for you!
Dirtyoldangler

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey, M.T. Nest sorry to hijack your thread, but fishingLUHRS I am a carpenter that has worked as a mate along the East Coast as well as in Hawaii. I recently moved home to NJ and am looking for all kinds of work.
Please respond to this address [email protected].
Your first post on the Barn is hijacking this guys looking for work thread? SAD!!! c'mon man, he is looking to get a job out of this and you are posting your resume.......Good luck MT nest hope something works out for you

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I take the blame for that. He's my buddy, and that sounds right up his alley. With no way of getting in touch with Fishingluhrs,i advised him to post. DIdn't wanna step on any toes. My apologies.
dirtyoldangler really doesnt need help getting work. He's got skillz, both in construction and as a mate. I just thought it would help FishingLuhrs buddy.
Again, if you wanna blame someone, blame me. Because i care :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Your first post on the Barn is hijacking this guys looking for work thread? SAD!!! c'mon man, he is looking to get a job out of this and you are posting your resume.......Good luck MT nest hope something works out for you
Ahhh, give the guy a break. Might not realize the protocol. Maybe he's really desperate.

Good luck MTnest. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.