BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen fly swaps on here before, but never a teaser swap. I'd love to do one, and be willing to organize it. I tie my own teasers, and it fun to tie and fun to catch on them. I'd like to get 10 guys to do it. Hopefully I'm allowed to do this on here...

The way it would work would is you would tie 9 of the same teasers, send them to me with an extra stamp in the envelope (for return of the flies), and I'll send the flies back out - obviously I'd take some pictures to show off everyone's work :thumbsup:. Say have the flies to me by March 1st?

If anyone is interested, just respond to this thread so I can gauge interest. First 9 guys to respond to this thread saying you want in are in. As long as there's enough interest, I'll PM you my contact info so we can get this going.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There has been one running for the past few yrs.by Russ(rjf3) one of the mods of this forum.I think in part it was a part fundraiser.Prehaps Russ will jump in.Last yr. was my first in the swap and I have 11 great samples from others to study when I sit down to tie some teasers.
I would be interested as I find it a great way to see what others are doing,and find that helps me be a little more creative for one who has been tying for 3 yrs.

Count me in.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
490 Posts
I will give it a shot, just let me know how it will works and how many!

It’s a first for me and sounds good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that you say that about the fundraiser it rings a bell. I think one fly from everyone was donated - which is a good idea. Maybe Russ will jump in here. I like that idea though, everyone would tie 10 teasers, 9 for the other guys and one for the fundraiser that the other swaps went to.

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder - if there's a fly swap going on or if one is going to be done that's been going on for years, I have no problem not doing it. I just never had good timing getting in the teaser swaps, and didn't see one this year yet, so I figured I'd give it a go.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 11 great samples from others to study when I sit down to tie some teasers.
I would be interested as I find it a great way to see what others are doing,and find that helps me be a little more creative for one who has been tying for 3 yrs.

Count me in.:thumbsup:
This was part of my thinking in wanting to do this. It'd be nice to see what some other guys tie and study them :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
By all means go for it.
Many members enjoy these swaps.

Russ

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By all means go for it.
Many members enjoy these swaps.

Russ
Awesome Russ thanks! Shoot me a PM with info for the donation flies if you are interested. If not, I'm going to do it with a donation fly either way, and I'll figure out where do make the donation to later. There was something on here or another site about a young kid who got paralyzed playing hockey and they are doing a raffle/fundraiser for him at the Berkely Fishing Flea Market so if they are in by then thats an option also.

I'll start another thread to get this swap going.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Have you decided on a deadline or date for delivery?I will try and take some photo's of the collection I recieved in the swap last yr.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you decided on a deadline or date for delivery?I will try and take some photo's of the collection I recieved in the swap last yr.
Not yet, I would like to get 10 guys, right now there are only 5. I'm fine with 5 but would be nice to get a little more. My flies are tied are ready to go :D

·
Registered
450 Posts
swaps

count me in with one proviso.The deadline would have to be after3/18

·
Registered
450 Posts
never did swap before and will be tying and mailing them in while in FL:
how many?where do I send the teasers?
thanks
Tom

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
never did swap before and will be tying and mailing them in while in FL:
how many?where do I send the teasers?
thanks
Tom
Tom - Sorry, I must have missed this one... Tie up 10 teasers and send them to me. I'll PM you my address. Make sure to include a stamp for return shipment of you teasers along w/ your return address.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts