BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading down to Ocean City for my annual car club's weekend gathering from April 18-20th and I wanted to bring down some gear too. I'll most likely be staying at the Bay Sails Inn. Does anyone know of any spots I could fish from land?

Thanks!

Brian

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
brian, there is a place called "stinky beach" right over the route 50 bridge. it is a very small beach that enables you to cast right into a nice deep channel lots of flounder and small blues,along with some croaker. from ocean city go over the bridge to the first light and make a left than make your next left and follow to the dead end...good luck..don't ask me why they call it "stinky beach" i have no clue

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
phlounder said:
brian, there is a place called "stinky beach" right over the route 50 bridge. it is a very small beach that enables you to cast right into a nice deep channel lots of flounder and small blues,along with some croaker. from ocean city go over the bridge to the first light and make a left than make your next left and follow to the dead end...good luck..don't ask me why they call it "stinky beach" i have no clue
That sounds exactly what I was looking for! I'm plenty happy with blues, if the flounder and croaker are there, that's just a bonus! But I'm a little worried that the Blues might not be there by mid april... The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure I've taken a picture of my car exactly where you are talking about!!! I may not have gone "all the way" back into the dead end, but definitely was in the vicinity.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
blues should be down there by mid-april

RyanF

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
phlounder said:
View attachment 7300 hey brian is this a private car show for your club or can anybody come, i was thinking of bringing my big butted friend
It's called the East Coast Gathering for 3000GT/Stealth International and you are more than welcome to bring your porsche! Some of our members will have vipers, TT 350Z, TT z06 and supras that come to our show so the more the merrier. Actually, one of our buddies has a GT40 on his porsche so you are not alone :)

We have a car show at Hooters on saturday from 9AM-2PM and then take a scenic cruise to the boat launch if you make a right at that light (that you said to take a left for Stinky Beach)....and then we take a group shot and then individual shots of each owner and their car.... it's a good time :) Award ceremony is on saturday night at Phillip's Seafood House!

Very good to know Ryan!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
You Can Drive Right Near The Rocks And Fish The Inlet. Or On The Way Down Or Back Stop At Indian River Inlet And Do The Same.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BIGGESTJACK said:
You Can Drive Right Near The Rocks And Fish The Inlet. Or On The Way Down Or Back Stop At Indian River Inlet And Do The Same.
Thanks Biggest! Do you know where those places are in relation to the Rt. 50 causeway?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
phlounder said:
brian theres a huge parking lot right next to the o.c inlet. Just park and walk 30 steps and you're fishing
But where is the parking lot then? Do I just make a right after I get off the Route 50 bridge until the end of the strip? Thanks for all the help guys. I've never fished down there while attending my car gathering (I've been going for 6 years too! haha)

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
got to the end of the strip till it dead ends, you'll have to bear left,keep going straight you'll see the parking lot on your left...i think they charge by the hour, not sure

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
phlounder said:
got to the end of the strip till it dead ends, you'll have to bear left,keep going straight you'll see the parking lot on your left...i think they charge by the hour, not sure
Awesome. You are the man! thanks for all the help bud! So I'm correct in taking a right after I get off the bridge....pass the boardwalk all the way down on the left hand side....and keep going, right?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts