BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping this pic finds it's way to them so they can print it out, frame it,
and hang it on a wall. They deserve it. Was psychotic out there today.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I fished for all of 10 minutes on the yak at 5am this morning. Wind was honking straight out of the east. On a side note I got the stand built for the tank!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hoping this pic finds it's way to them so they can print it out, frame it,
and hang it on a wall. They deserve it. Was psychotic out there today.

So!!!! Joey where were taking this picture from:eek:??

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks a little sheety there
It was a real mess. I was being bounced all over by the waves, but at least I had the enclosure to break the wind. Those guys were out there on that little sliver of a point (most of it was under water), completely exposed to the wind. It was at the backs, and letting them cast a mile, but still...............

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes the fish bite on bad weather days. Was it worth it?
I'm not going to say it was unsafe, but it unfishable for all intents and purposes. I could not hold anchor anywhere in the main bay. With anchor, 15' of chain, and over 50 feet of rope out, in less than 10' of water, I could not hold, and was blasting along at 2 knots, with all that out.

Had to scoot way in towards the sods and use the Point as a shield. With the crazy high tide, I was still in 8' plus, but in the calm water out of the clam beds, I could hold. Didn't lose 1 bait, not even to crabs, though some were a little clawed up.

Hugh bellies in the lines, wouldn't have seen a bite even if there was one. Didn't even stay an hour. Really only went out because I wanted to see how the motor ran with the new spark plugs, and just felt like seeing if it was going to be a "bad weather, good bite" kind of day.

It was an experience, but it was not productive.

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Really honking right now. Wish this wind would calm down, it may not be fishable for a few days.
I think it actually got worse after I came back. Hasn't let up all day/evening, and the next two days are looking just as bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts