BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Buddy left message that big blues & bass were blitzin on the north end (in real close) this morning. Some bass weighed in over 20 lbs
Also mentioned seeing a seal on the beach.

[ 11-19-2005, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: clamchucker ]

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
slow on the striper front. i worked the whole island today. caught fish at both inlets and 1 in the middle trolling. there are some big blues around. total on stripers 2.

·
Registered
31,755 Posts
Went North of BI today but lots of Blues. Already had a full box anyway before we left the inlet. Bay's still better then the ocean. I'd head south of BI right though there's more fish coming down.

·
Banned
1,307 Posts
Froze my butt off this morning,fished 7:15-1:30Holgate to mid island,Some early bite's then it got quiet. 1 slot and 3 blue's on the jig,rubber shad bodies in white, nothing caught on the troll!! Another 2-3 week's should have the larger school's coming South, let's hope it doesn't get too cold !! Hate the darn ice on the deck and dock !!!SF

·
Registered
741 Posts
Left inlet around 7am made a right and went allll the way down past Brant Beach NADA

Came all the way back up north( up past bathing beach) and jigged (sparingly) blues until about 2:30 when all heck broke loose. Tons of blues but jigged up 3 keeper bass as well. Bob Ect has got it right . another week or two will be differnt story. Friend of mine had a real good day trolling bass below the fleet. He was only one I heard of who did well w/ the bass outside.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Left lonpport at 6.45 am went all the way up LBI and only found blues after that 30 mile run one way.I dont know what to do sunday.the only thing know that the fish come from the north.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We went trolling in LEI this morning. Decided to troll along the bars and in the white water instead of going up the beach. Paid off good. Had 4 fish, all 34" to 36". Alot of weed though, we had to keep bringing in the lines and cleaning off the weed. Alot of boats anchored too that we had to troll between that were fishing clams. We fished only 2 hrs. when my wife called on the cell and said her father was just taken to the hospital, something to do with his heart so we packed it in and headed for the dock. Turns out he'll be ok and we'll be out tomorrow to give it another try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.