BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to Costa Rica march 7th to do this. I am trying to learn as much as possible. I would love some tips if anyone has any. And I will be sure to post pictures when I get back. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Looking forward to the pics. I've had a fly rod on board when billfish were caught, but no opportunity for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I definitely get some pics up here when I get back. Hopefully the bite is on. I havent caught anything bigger than a 25lb striper on a fly so it should be interesting. Hopefully I am not too rusty

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have targeted whites here in NJ a few times. I have never been successful in landing one yet. If your going to CR im sure you have a great shot at a sail...multiples are very common.

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Never got one on the flyrod. My buddie I fish with only let me play with the Mahi. Don't get all that many shots at the whites up here in the north east. When we get them up on the bally they want to make sure they hook up. They keep telling me after the 4th one I can take a shot with the fly rod. If only they were in close to the beach like the sailfish down south.

Best way is to bait and switch. Tease them up with bally with no hook or teasers with no hooks. Get them lit up and throw fly in front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts