BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im probably going to step up to a Torque this spring and want to find out if anyones got one and how they like it.Looking for general pros/cons.Do they paddle well? Seems the power output for motor is pretty far back- is it hard to plug in while floating? Biggest deterent for me is the battery weight which hopefully wont be a real issue if the lithium batt technology improves soon and prices decline.Also do any dealers sell them localy or should I just test paddle a Trident? Thanx much

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow! I will be the only guy in south jersey tooling around in a Torque-sweet! Im gonna walk outa the showroom and yell- "First!!" like im Tosh.0:D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Wow! I will be the only guy in south jersey tooling around in a Torque-sweet! Im gonna walk outa the showroom and yell- "First!!" like im Tosh.0:D
I'll take my Hobie E-Volve over the Touque anyday.:razz:

My motor lifts with the pull of a string. The Torque you have to turn around to pull the motor out and hope you don't drop it overboard:mad:.

My battery is only 6lbs. The Torque is whatever you buy.

If my battery dies I can still pedal. The Torque you have to paddle:mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes ive had my ocean kayak torque for almost 1 year , i like it,, ive had no issues with it ,, average run time is about 7 hrs,if you pull the motor it paddles just like the trident or prowler 13 series,, and yes the torquedo is nice,,but 2grand for a hobie and almost 2 grand more for the torquedo ,, ill stick with the torque for under 2 grand ,, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea rockafeller i aint.. Lookin to get rid of the hobie for a torque.Gonna buy the WIFE a hobie (wink) that she NEEDS(wink) and go electric due to back issues from pushing the hobie drive.Recumbant bikes seem to kill the back as well so it must be a positional thing-however i can paddle all day.And now i find myself dissapointed that i cant yell "FIRST":thumbsdown:. The wife checks all Emails- shes been sayin something about me having emails i think...Wasnt realy listening:D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Check out the email I sent. It has a link with information about a Torque powered by Lithium Polymer batteries. The guy saved 30 lbs of battery weight over his old 12v lead battery :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Been out with guys in torques before. As well as hobies with the torqueedo. The torqueedo is MUCH faster. Seems the torque, though I havent' been in one myself, is a better fishing platform and drier ride. I wish Hobie would make a revolution type hull but with a similar bow. The OK hull rides up over a lot of waves that my revo would just spear right through. Fine in summer but not so much when it's cold. Add to that, no mirage drive in the well and it's half the price. call not having the mirage drive an advantage or disadvantage, whichever you like........I love my revolution but as great as it is, one of the tradeoffs to the mirage drive is that it can get in the way at times. it sucks trying to measure bigger fish sometimes when you can't use the footwell. For togging the jetties having reverse seemed priceless, those guys had a lot easier time holding their position than I did,without having to fish behind themselves, no paddle necessary.

One thing though, with the torque, if you do plan on paddling, DO NOT forget the plug for the motor well. Might as well drag a drift sock behind you if you don't have it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.