BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting around that time. Has anyone caught any flatties in the back bays yet?

Trying to decide what to do on Monday when I launch the boat. Always loved bucktailing for flounder at the Grassy Sound this time of year.

Thanks,

Ponch

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
I have good info that fluke are in. Delaware bay flats are loaded, so I would bet our bays have plenty as well. It's not to cold. They show up about the same time as the herring, and tons of herring came in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ponch125 there where several caught behind Sea Isle City yesterday. Some other species where also taken.?.?.?.?.?. Report to come soon!!!!!

P.S. is any one else having trouble uploading pictures I can get them on?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sea Isle Bait and Tackle,

Thank you very much for the report. I planned on launching the boat on Tuesday and doing a shake down run for striper in the DE bay, but it's gonna be a lousy day so I'm putting her in tomorrow. It's going to be pretty windy tomorrow but I can deal with that in the back bays if the flounder are cooperating.

Thanks again for the great info.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Ponch125 there where several caught behind SeaIsleCity yesterday.Some other species where also taken.?.?.?.?.?.Report to come soon!!!!!

P.S. is any one else having trouble uploading pictures I can get them on?
Good report . However, there are some good articles out that explain the differences between the back bay sounds, like Grassy Sound and Ludlum's.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Summer flounder will mostly be gone from the back by the time the season starts. More fun to fish early and have tbones for dinner! I will be out soon with a bag of ALS tags...hopefully when the season opens you guys waiting can get me a recapture. By that point I will be looking for makos!
Have had great days in June and July! Theres plenty of meat out there, just gotta know where to look...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Summer flounder will mostly be gone from the back by the time the season starts. More fun to fish early and have tbones for dinner! I will be out soon with a bag of ALS tags...hopefully when the season opens you guys waiting can get me a recapture. By that point I will be looking for makos!
Huh? That's not true at all.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
wow we catch keepers thrw july then follow them to the ocean

1 - 20 of 23 Posts