BASS BARN banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I just got a Gopro prime and excited to start using it. Went down the boat with it yesterday in the shrinkwrap and tested out some angles. Was amazed with the wide angle that it has. I mounted it on the tower and was able to look out about 3 feet past each port and starboard side. Here is a pic.

As for the troll pro. It looks cool but dont know if you can attach a dredge to it. I think it has to swim by itself but maybe I am wrong. I definitly want to buy something to attach to a dredge so I hope it would work. Its worth the price for sure.

One problem with the gopro is now I want another one. I figure I have one mounted on the tower all the time and now I need another one for underwater shots.

·
Registered
132 Posts
For underwater shots you have to buy an aftermarket "flat" lenes. The density of the water causes the picture to be blurry. I have attached it to a fishing line and sent it down. Its pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got a Gopro prime and excited to start using it. Went down the boat with it yesterday in the shrinkwrap and tested out some angles. Was amazed with the wide angle that it has. I mounted it on the tower and was able to look out about 3 feet past each port and starboard side. Here is a pic.

As for the troll pro. It looks cool but dont know if you can attach a dredge to it. I think it has to swim by itself but maybe I am wrong. I definitly want to buy something to attach to a dredge so I hope it would work. Its worth the price for sure.

One problem with the gopro is now I want another one. I figure I have one mounted on the tower all the time and now I need another one for underwater shots.
check out dredge cam on you tube you will flip and then google troll pro. think thats what they are using the go pro attaches to the troll pro pretty sick

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I did a homemade dredge cam with a GoPro last summer, the troll pro looks nice. But it's pretty easy to make one with some pvc pipe, a weight for the keel and an eye bolt. I'll post some pics tomorrow, or you can stop by the shop and check out the one I made. I agree the flat lens makes underwater footage much better.

Some dredge cam footage http://youtu.be/qb9b7sCg9j4

·
Registered
592 Posts
Troll pro looks great and we purchased it from a captain in Virginia Beach. 125 dollars, a small investment, for a great housing for the Go Pro Camera. Waiting to use it in March. :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
im looking to buy a gopro this winter was wondering if anyone uses the troll pro for the dredge? iv been watching some sick video on you tube
i only read your post so im not sure who else responded but i bought a gopro this summer and my friend and i designed and built a dredge mount for the camera using 3" pvc and lead weights for a keel , you can spend anywhere from 120$ - 200$ for someone to make one for you or shell out 20$ of your own and make it yourself if you need help with the specs email me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.