BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
Have tried them several times. They seem to be fine with mono, but on braid they tend to hang up, not slide right, and get fouled.

Don't like them at all for use with braid. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
7,068 Posts
I use them on both mono and braid, but under tension, no issue's. Here's how.

Little trick what I like using them for.
When thowing a weighted snagging hook for bunker,once hooked up we open the bail and let the bunker right down. Many times they stay in the pack and not drop too quickly to the strike zone.

I clip one of those on the line with a 3-4oz weight and send it down towards the bait, which helps drag them down to the bass :D
Works great for that and really the only thing I use them for.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I was thinking it would help adjust when you need to get the bunker down deeper. What JZ posted is what I was concerned about.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Mark,

I use them and have never had a problem and use Sufix braid. We also sell several hundred a year and never heard one complaint.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I had two of them open and heard similar complaints about them. It's a shame they were a good idea, still have a couple afraid to use them.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
They suck, but I gotta say that I like where C-Phases head is at

RyanF

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I grabbed a few once. They all broke on me. Its convenient to just snap on the line nut not as good as the silver and white ones that need to be slipped on before you tie the rig.

·
Registered
14,814 Posts
Tried them also about 10 diffrent times with Suffix Braid and had the same problem with the line getting stuck between the white and yellow.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
hate em i lost every single one on the cast along with my lead.maybe a piece of duct tape or somethin idk. grt idea though needs improvements. alotta times when a jig is out performing slide rig you gotta cut the line and start over, or b lazy like me and leave it on the line.lol

·
Registered
62,417 Posts
......alotta times when a jig is out performing slide rig you gotta cut the line and start over, or b lazy like me and leave it on the line.lol
I used to be lazy and do the same thing ;), but in all honesty, to cut off your current rig at the swivel and tie on a quick clip with a palomar really only takes 30 seconds (taking your time), so I force myself now to just do it right.

·
Vendor
296 Posts
never used them. Always use to aqua blue braid ready fish finders. Murphys law always seems to apply to me.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
I tried them on the beach this summer and they opened up and went sailing into the ocean when I casted. After losing my lead 3x's, I stopped using them. I'm sure they work fine for dropping straight down while on a boat, but aren't worth a damn when casting from shore.

·
Registered
11,868 Posts
I don't like them or the regular white ones, the braid cuts through and they are weed magnets. All I use now are egg slip-sinkers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts