BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this guys deal. why does everybody drool over him? someone could win gold and set world record and they will scream about ohno getting bronze. :rolleyes: seems like such a pretty boy who loves 2, 3, or 4th place.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
What did you place this year?

K

p.s. not trying to be a dic.. I'll fish with you.

p.p.s. See my Calico Jack thread if I seem mean.

·
Registered
5,394 Posts
what is this guys deal. why does everybody drool over him? someone could win gold and set world record and they will scream about ohno getting bronze. :rolleyes: seems like such a pretty boy who loves 2, 3, or 4th place.
most medals than anyone else in usa winter olympic history...pretty impressive resume.........

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you place this year?

K

p.s. not trying to be a dic.. I'll fish with you.

p.p.s. See my Calico Jack thread if I seem mean.
not saying he isn't good. I hate the olympics, but this dude is hyped like he's mike phelps. :D they'll tell you he came in 3rd before they say who won. he clearly isn't heads and tails above everyone else.

·
Registered
62,420 Posts

·
Registered
62,420 Posts
You care enough to have started a thread about it. :huh:

For people who care about the Olympics, and speed skating, Ohno IS that big of a deal. All time US medal holder for the winter olympics. I'd say that's a big deal, no?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You care enough to have started a thread about it. :huh:

For people who care about the Olympics, and speed skating, Ohno IS that big of a deal. All time US medal holder for the winter olympics. I'd say that's a big deal, no?
oh wow, I knew that was coming. starting a thread is when you know you really care about something. :D

I guess being the all time medal holder is not indicative of how good you are, since he hasn't come close to being "the best" in any of the events he's been in so far.

I heard them say he is #9 guy in the world. who cares who the #1 is though becuase ohno is #9. :D

he is, through my observations, whinning pretty boy who is made out to be the best, even though he's not. that is all.

I guess I struck a nerve with the dry dock ohno fan club. carry on with the ohno strokefest.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
guys won 8 medals.....not all gold, but 8 medals is 8 medals...highly successful if you ask me.....
that means nothing to me. he may be decorated olympian but he's not the best at his sport, which is what it seems to me he's made out to be. he was the best in the olympics only twice I believe.

·
Registered
62,420 Posts
......he was the best in the olympics only twice I believe........
Am I the only one who finds that statement ironic?

I mean, everyone knows that you sucks unless you're the best in the Olympics 3 times, right? ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
He's an American being covered by American TV. You don't think the other countries are covering him like we are, do you?

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Am I the only one who finds that statement ironic?

I mean, everyone knows that you sucks unless you're the best in the Olympics 3 times, right? ;)
evidently, you are.

show me where I said he sucks. I said he isn't what he's made out to be. he's really good, but not even close to being the best. and It was only 2 times, not 3.

and mobyduck I understand he's an American being covered by/for Americans. that doesn't mean they should hype the hell out of him. Shaun White is an American and is twice as good as anybody else at his sport, and wasn't talked about 10 percent of the time ohno was/is.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Shuan White was in one event. Ohno races in many events and they need to sell the coverage. He also has the potential to win these events. If watching Speed Skating shows anything it is ANYTHING is possible. I must be missing something:huh:.

GSBB

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
PTR is now saying "Oh no"

:D :D

·
Registered
615 Posts
I don't care much for Ohno and I also think he's way overhyped. It's also a product of his sport. I mean, how many medals has he won due to penalties? I want to see the guy go out there and kick butt. I agree that he's a whiner, too. There are always going to be some athletes you like, and others you don't for some reason.

·
Registered
62,420 Posts
I think the whole sport is kind of messed up. Small track with 4 people on it, guaranteed to have people in one another's way, and you can't touch the guy in front you whose going to slow, the guy next to you whose forcing you to slow down, or the guy behind you because somehow that'll be your fault too. :huh::thumbsdown:

Either "let them play", or have them skate alone.

The judging is too subjective to make it sport I'd ever want to be in.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts