BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"patinece is a virtue" Well in years gone bye I always was able to pick a few trout early well I have my fingers crossed but im not fealing lucky:confused: ! although I caught hundreds of 12 inchers in the split ditch this summer. well it is looking good in about 3 years !

·
Registered
31,669 Posts
ill be out to the normal holes during some of them cold April nights will post pics hopefully of some nice Tiderunners:thumbsup:
not in the deleware bay hopefully for you,because you will be really dissapointed.i have not caught a weakfish bigger than 23 inches in the last 10 years in the bay.
the best area to try are those certain areas in and around the great bay.
good luck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
over the past few years i've did pretty good around some jettys but the decline is heartning twice within that time i caught remarkable fish 5lbers i can kick myself in the a$$ for not throwing them back they were two nice breeders but also very tasty :thumbsup:

·
Registered
795 Posts
not in the deleware bay hopefully for you,because you will be really dissapointed.i have not caught a weakfish bigger than 23 inches in the last 10 years in the bay.
the best area to try are those certain areas in and around the great bay.
good luck.
yea i kno a hole that never lets me down around cape may area at night;), but mostly target them in northern jersey bay areas closer to home this way i dont get too upset when 5 days of fishing, only 1 day produces fish:eek: gotta put the time in for those big breeders tho endless casting an retrieving. good luck to every one..
hey Dave (milliekieman) if ya wanna tag along one these trips for the elusive tiderunners let me kno i pass ur area on the way

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
yes now lets see if all other states comply or is just a jersey rule. weak fish deserve a chance just like our stiper friends. Hell if I remember correctly when I was a kid thats what we fished for was the flounder and weeks never considered stripers . I say its about time to wake up the weekies or what do we loose next.:confused:

·
Banned users
6,340 Posts
I have been catching quite a few this year bucktailing off of the jettys and bridges all small but hopefully they are on their way back:thumbsup: maybe some of these little guys will be back and bigger next year

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.