BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try Aquapac cell phone cases to keep their phones dry while fishing the surf? I see they make a product specific for the iPhone. Just want some input before I buy. Thanks.

GSBB

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read on their website that they are working on the "stickness" of their product. They say it gets less sticky after use. They have something to slide in the case but it appears that if I used that it renders my iPhone unusable, counterproductive in my opinion. The reason to buy it would be to use the phone while in the case, it is how they are marketing the iPhone case, you can use the touch screen and camera. For $30.00 it maybe worth a shot. Would love it hear from someone who has the iPhone case.

GSBB

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
I have a different waterproof case that has helped my cellphone survive total immersion from a kayak spill. A lot cheaper than aquapacs and it works, albeit not as "slick", or conventient to use as for some phones for which ap is almost a custom fit. This type has the top that folds over and then clicks shut... as long as you close it right, no worries. When surf fishing it can be clipped to my bag or bucket depending on whether I'm mobile or not.

·
Registered
11,402 Posts
30 bucks, 20 bucks cheaper than the otter boxes my kids have their I Phones in.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I love mine. I have a blackberry and can answer phone calls or make an emergnecy call without taking the cell out of the pac. Only thing I don't like is a function of the phone- the little mouse-like piece doent work through the pac. I got mine for jetty fishing and fishing alone at niight. The lanyard that goes around your neck is a good place to put the car key on too make sure u get one that fits the si2 of ur phone - mine a bit tight on the blackberry

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Leave the cellphone in the car,try to learn to catch fish without it!
Would you go 75 miles off shore without a radio? Then why fish dangerous jetties, or even the beach, at night alone without a cell? Its a matter of safety.

·
Registered
572 Posts
it looks like its alot more waterproof than the case i got. I got the blackberry curve, and i wound up getting the Otterbox case for it. Check it www.OtterBox.com

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Otter Box does not seem to be waterproof like the Aquapac. I already have a case that protects it from impact. Looks like the Aquapac for $30.00 is the way to go for what I need.

DJ,

I would love to be able to go fishing without worry of a call but I don't have that kind of wife.:( My bad luck I guess.:D She like to call me when I am away. We also have a young son so I would want to know if there was a problem. I do also like the idea of having a phone if I am by myself and in need of help. At this point, I have a phone that I could not replace if I lost it or broke it. I would rather be safe than sorry.

GSBB

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Yes, they even make em for flip phones, they are great and 100% reliable. After ruining 2 phones fishing I finally made the $30 investment.
2 phones :confused: You sure it not more like a dozen phones? :razz:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
The aquapak is awesome. Absloute necessity. Been soaked by waves a few times and the phone is always bone dry. There is a string that attaches to it so you can wear it around your neck. It is also great for the beach in the summer if you are just out in a bathing suit. You can toss it on the sand by your stuff and no sand gets in. The only inconvenience is that at least for the one I have you have to take the protector stuff off the iphone or it wont fit in the aquapac.

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
I know DJ is just reacting to the cell-phone-blitz situation, but I think everyone here recognizes the right reasons for carrying a cell phone.

btw, if my phone wasn't a flip phone I'd be more inclined to the aquapacs that, as others have pointed out, allow the phone to be used directly. In my case, perhaps others, a cheapie alternative is sufficient.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know DJ is just reacting to the cell-phone-blitz situation, but I think everyone here recognizes the right reasons for carrying a cell phone.

btw, if my phone wasn't a flip phone I'd be more inclined to the aquapacs that, as others have pointed out, allow the phone to be used directly. In my case, perhaps others, a cheapie alternative is sufficient.

Rob,
Did you check out their site? They have case for Flip phones. Check it out.

GSBB

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gsbb, will do... last time I checked wasn't for me..but hey, perhaps they've improved :)

Not sure what brands they make them for, but I did see Flip Phones cover from Aquapac. I hope they cover your make and model.:thumbsup:

GSBB

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.